Which has the better savannah views and animals? Jambo or Kidani?

I think a nice walkway would be preferable. The Skyliner might work as a transportation mode, but it's kind of ugly and could really mess up the look and feel of a place like AKL.
My thoughts as well, at least from Kidani & Jambo. But I much prefer to walk everywhere, keeps the pounds off at WDW.

So just to clarify, the Jambo views arent as good because theyre higher up and the animals seem farther away?

I think a nice walkway would be preferable. The Skyliner might work as a transportation mode, but it's kind of ugly and could really mess up the look and feel of a place like AKL.
I totally agree. In general, I prefer walkways when possible. Hopefully if they go through with it, they will be thoughtful about sight lines.

When do you request this? After booking online? Call up or upon arrival?

After booking, I generally use the Chat function on the DVC member website to make my requests. You can also use the email function in the Contact section, or you can also call (but I find chatting or emailing to be faster).

Room requests need to be made through DVC Member Services, not directly with the resort nor through MDE check-in.

After booking, I generally use the Chat function on the DVC member website to make my requests. You can also use the email function in the Contact section, or you can also call (but I find chatting or emailing to be faster).

Room requests need to be made through DVC Member Services, not directly with the resort nor through MDE check-in.
Thank you! New to DVC 😊

But be aware that you might not get your request to stay on a lower floor at Kidani. Neither time I've been at Kidani has that request been met. I like the closeness of the food options at Jambo, and the magnificent lobby.

Aaaaaannnnnnddddddddd I still can't decide between Jambo or Kidani! The pros and cons are tough! I feel like theres a chance we get a decent view at Jambo and we enjoy the restaurants and everything else more, but it sounds like Kidani has a better chance of seeing more animals.
Tough call for me! Obviously waking up every morning and checking out the animals is going to be the big reason we're staying there, but we're also going for the overall experience.

Aaaaaannnnnnddddddddd I still can't decide between Jambo or Kidani! The pros and cons are tough! I feel like theres a chance we get a decent view at Jambo and we enjoy the restaurants and everything else more, but it sounds like Kidani has a better chance of seeing more animals.
Tough call for me! Obviously waking up every morning and checking out the animals is going to be the big reason we're staying there, but we're also going for the overall experience.
What about other aspects of the villas themselves? What size are you reserving - studio or 1+ bedroom? The 1 bedroom villas at Kidani have 2 full bathrooms, one an ensuite to the master and the other accessed from the living room; the same size villa at Jambo only has one bath, and it's accessed across a hallway from the master bedroom. Furthermore, the Kidani master bath has a tub and separate shower; the Jambo has a tub/shower with a very wide rim that can make it difficult to enter/exit the tub. The 2 bedroom villas at Kidani have 3 full baths, one ensuite for the master, one ensuite for the 2nd bedroom, and one off the living room. The bathroom situation alone makes Kidani my choice, along with the possibility of being on a lower floor to better enjoy my savanna view. All the DVC villas at Jambo are on 5th floor.

Both resorts have great views of the animals, we have stayed at both a few times....Both resorts cover the same areas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter