Which hotel breakfast buffet?

Vicki Rickerd

Mouseketeer
We are doing a quick weekend trip and the Sunday we leave we want to eat at one of the hotel's breakfast buffets. We ate at the Kitchen at HRH last time and loved it. I was wondering if Islands, Trattoria, Amatista and the Kitchen all basically serve the same things for their buffet or if there are differences? Love the egg and waffle stations at the Kitchen and if I wasnt driving 12 hours home, I would definitely do the unlimited mimosas there. So which buffet do you love and why?

They all serve very similar things.

All have the chef cooking eggs whichever way you want them!! Amy at RP is quite famous for being the best omelette chef there is at UO......she is lovely.

I like them all, the Kitchen is my least favourite of them all. Our experience of PB buffet breakfast was marred by around 5 kids running riot with parents who just ignored them, so I think that has given me a biased negative opinion of the whole place. It was also a long time ago, but we’ve never gone back.

I think Amatista and RP come out on top for us with Amatista just taking the lead by a little bit. They seem to have a better choice laid out, maybe it’s just spread out better and is a brighter restaurant, but I don’t think there’s a bad choice to be made there.

We are doing a quick weekend trip and the Sunday we leave we want to eat at one of the hotel's breakfast buffets. We ate at the Kitchen at HRH last time and loved it. I was wondering if Islands, Trattoria, Amatista and the Kitchen all basically serve the same things for their buffet or if there are differences? Love the egg and waffle stations at the Kitchen and if I wasnt driving 12 hours home, I would definitely do the unlimited mimosas there. So which buffet do you love and why?

I haven't been to any myself but I have heard great things about the "Acoustic Brunch" at The Kitchen on Sundays...if you google it, you will find several written and video reviews....here are a couple from last year...
https://touringplans.com/blog/2019/...-at-the-hard-rock-hotel-at-universal-orlando/

I like them all, the Kitchen is my least favourite of them all

Wow, If that was your least favorite, I cant imagine what the others are like. We are leaning towards Amitista because I love Sapphire Falls, but can never stay there cause my impatient family (ok it's really me) is spoiled with express pass.

I haven't been to any myself but I have heard great things about the "Acoustic Brunch" at The Kitchen on Sundays.

We always end up leaving too early on Sundays to enjoy this. We have a 12 hr drive this trip so we are trying to be on the road by 9. That was a great idea about the videos. I am so old school I always look to "read" before "watch"

We LOVE The Kitchen at HRH. In our experience, its always been quiet/not busy, well stocked, and has every breakfast food imaginable. The only other one we have done is Islands at RPR and it couldn't hold a candle to the Kitchen. Far less options.

We LOVE The Kitchen at HRH. In our experience, its always been quiet/not busy, well stocked, and has every breakfast food imaginable. The only other one we have done is Islands at RPR and it couldn't hold a candle to the Kitchen. Far less options.

You‘re right there about the choice. The Kitchen breakfast had more options available than the regular food offerings at RP.

The day we went it was mobbed and a little manic and they weren’t replenishing as they should. We were unlucky, but it put us off completely.

Vicki, yes, I hear you on the EP.......it really does spoil you for any other type of touring after you’re used to it.....:thumbsup2

When I stayed at HR, truly enjoyed the breakfast there

when I switched to RP, it won my heart over

Both hotels have similar breakfast but the dining room layout at RP won me over

you really can not go wrong with either one

Yes, I prefer the warmer feel of Islands Dining room. I’m not the biggest HRH fan anyway, so maybe that has an effect on me too.....

Can't speak to the RP buffet, but as a hard core PBH fanboy for 20 years - trust me when I tell you that the PBH Trattoria buffet doesn't hold a candle to the buffet at The Kitchen over at the HRH. Not a fan at all of the HRH because of a very bad first impression in 2000, but tried their buffet for the first time last fall on our "adult trip" to see if it was worth it over our usual Club Room breakfast. Absolutely loved it and now plan to hit it at least once per trip when we have all the kids/grandkids with us.

Just because it is much more convenient, we also tried the Trattoria that trip (we hadn't been their since our first stay at the PBH) and were very disappointed. It wasn't that bad except for the contrast with the HRH. They can't even be compared for the quality or variety between them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter