Which is a better deal?

auntsue

DIS Veteran
I will be retiring this school year, after teaching 38 years, 37 in a primary classroom. We will be selling our NJ home and splitting our time between Naples, FL (7 months) & Ocean City, MD (5 months). Since we will then qualify for the Florida resident annual pass, I was wondering which is the better deal - the FL annual pass or the DVC discounted annual pass? What's the price of each - we would just get the basic pass, no water parks, etc.? I recall reading something about restrictions or blackout times with the FL resident pass.

Which do you think is the best way to go?

The FL resident because you can get an extra $20 ($25 for PAP) off using DVC. The renewal price is cheaper also.

Well, make sure you get a FL driver's license when you move! That's what you have to show to get your AP at the FL rate :)

The FL AP with blackout dates is called the Seasonal Pass. It blacks out 8 or so weeks in the summer, 2 weeks at Christmas/New Years, and 2 weeks at Spring Break. That, and that it does NOT include free parking are the differences between it and the regular FL Res AP. Since you said no water parks, I didn't include the PAP below....

Current prices from Deb's site

Pass-------------Gate Price---Reg. renewal---DVC price-------DVC renewal
Regular AP--------420.68------378.08---------314.18 ----------298.20
FL Res AP----------335.48-----298.20---------314.18 -----------298.20
FL res Seasonal--222.59----192.77---------no DVC discounts on seasonals

As you can see, the DVC price is better than the straight FL res rate. If you don't go during blackout times, the seasonal is the better deal hands down. You can also buy the seasonal then upgrade if you ever decide to go during blackouts, which is what we have to do for my son at Christmas this year! We bought him seasonal when he turned 3, as it blackout dates had passed and we didn't plan to go at Christmas....but we bought DVC in August and they had a 1BR available so we're going now! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter