Which is the hardest to get?

TammyAlphabet

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Life Member - "excl
I have points at the BWV. Thinking of adding on a few points.. I need your help to choose where to add on. Which is the hardest to get without the 11 month advantage?

Studio at the VWL for Christmas
Studio at HH for Fourth of July
Studio at BCV for Fourth of July or Food and Wine Festival

Thanks!

Pretty sure VWL at XMAS is the toughest, then BCV Food and Wine, not sure of HH, IMO.

I agree...VWL at Christmas, and a studio anywhere is going to be more difficult anyway.

My understanding is that HH at any point in the summer is very difficult.

And the VWL studio at Christmas is probably the single highest demand time for that resort. It's also the smallest DVC resort so it has the least likelihood of availability.

BCV at F & W is tough, but there is much more availability total if you combine BWV in that high demand time for EPCOT resorts.

BCV at 4th of July would probably be the easiest.

I respectfully, but strongly, disagree. The toughest will be a studio at HH for 4th of July. Because of the way the resort is structured, there are only 21 studios in the entire resort (and only 21 1BR). Generally, studios and 1BR are impossible to get (except an occasional night here or there) at the 7 month mark. VWL is very tough to get at Christmas, but lately people have reported some luck at the 7 month mark, and the wait list has often worked even for Christmas time at VWL. Many, many people have reported bad luck even with the waiting list in getting any studio or 1BR accomodations at HH during the dead of summer season.

I disagree.

IMHO, the studio at HH for the 4th of July is the hardest to get at the 7 month window. There aren't very many studios at HH to begin with. Look for the thread that lists numbers by type of room and you will see what I mean.

There have been several reports here of members being able to get studios at the 7 month mark for VWL in December (including Christmas). Same for studios at 7 month mark for BCV for Food & Wine season.

All that said, I'd choose my add on by which of the 3 resorts/times I thought I'd want to do most often. For example, if I were only thinking of going to HH for July 4th once or twice in the next several years, I'd buy at one of the WDW resorts. To get my HH dates, I'd just rent or trade points to get the 11 month window.

Best wishes-

I just booked VWL for Dec 20-24 with no problem. Not sure if I would've been able to get Christmas itself, but the week before was wide open. Tamar

Tamar said:
I just booked VWL for Dec 20-24 with no problem. Not sure if I would've been able to get Christmas itself, but the week before was wide open. Tamar

Did you book a 1 bdrm? I tried all last week to book either a studio or 2 bedroom with no luck for Dec 19-23

In my opinion you have listed three scenarios, all of which will be very difficult at the 7 month window.

I would pick which scenario you wanted most, and go with that.

Good luck! :drinking:

MG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter