Which itinerary would you pick?

zemmer

Mouseketeer
Help me decide! My Christmas gift last year was a solo trip in March that got cancelled. I’ve rebooked for June. I was set with option a until they announced the free dining offer. I did the math and realized it would cost about the same to do option b with two extra days in the park (partial days since they’re arrival/departure days). but I can’t decide which option to go with. I do NOT like heat, but I won’t have a chance to go when it’s cooler. I will eat at Beaches and Cream and have breakfast at Ale and Compass with both plans. My family will not watch fireworks, go to tea, or take a tour with me, so that’s why I’m doing those things solo. I can only do the tour if I have the extra park days and will do tea if I just have 2 park days.

Option A
Pop
2 park days
more down time and sleep
MK Dessert Party
Afternoon Tea

Option B
All Star Movies preferred room
“free” Disney Dining Plan
4 park days
early mornings, late night
Dinner at The Wave
Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour

What would you do? Thanks!

Last edited:
Option B. With more days, you can take breaks as necessary due to heat, or if you need a nap. Admittedly, I would hate to lose the afternoon tea, and would gladly switch that with another extra.
Enjoy your trip!
Option B!

Thanks! I don’t know why I was having such a hard time choosing. Maybe because the Option B price tag is so much higher up front.
I looked at reservations again, and I think I can make it from Marceline to Magic Kingdom over to tea at 12:45 (changed from 12:00) and then take an Uber back to movies for the magical express by 3:30.

Option B - More days is better. Dining costs can be much more controlled when you're NOT on the dining plan. Better if you keep your eyes peeled for a discount that includes the days you're going. Does the Sun & Fun Discount help you with the cost for 4 days??

Option B - More days is better. Dining costs can be much more controlled when you're NOT on the dining plan. Better if you keep your eyes peeled for a discount that includes the days you're going. Does the Sun & Fun Discount help you with the cost for 4 days??

Yes, Option A is with sun and fun. Option B is with the free dining. They still work out just about the same when I add in either the dessert party (option a) or the extra park days (I have 2 days of a military salute ticket already. With the second option, I bought a 2 day base ticket too.)

Yes, Option A is with sun and fun. Option B is with the free dining. They still work out just about the same when I add in either the dessert party (option a) or the extra park days (I have 2 days of a military salute ticket already. With the second option, I bought a 2 day base ticket too.)
Ah! Gotcha! I still think 4 days is better than 2. :banana:

Given those options? B

4 park days is one day in each park. Not interested in a dessert party or tea. The Wave is a great restaurant.

Never been to All Star Movies, but I'm not a fan of POP! anymore. Seemed kinda run down the last time we were there.

I was worried about being exhausted in the heat and trying to do too much.

I think more park days is better in the heat because you may not want to do FULL days in the parks. We did rope drops and late nights with an afternoon break at the resort when we went in July. It’s just so hot in the middle of the day. Your pace really does need to be slower in that heat, so more days allows you to still do what you want, spread out more.

Help me decide! My Christmas gift last year was a solo trip in March that got cancelled. I’ve rebooked for June. I was set with option a until they announced the free dining offer. I did the math and realized it would cost about the same to do option b with two extra days in the park (partial days since they’re arrival/departure days). but I can’t decide which option to go with. I do NOT like heat, but I won’t have a chance to go when it’s cooler. I will eat at Beaches and Cream and have breakfast at Ale and Compass with both plans. My family will not watch fireworks, go to tea, or take a tour with me, so that’s why I’m doing those things solo. I can only do the tour if I have the extra park days and will do tea if I just have 2 park days.

Option A
Pop
2 park days
more down time and sleep
MK Dessert Party
Afternoon Tea

Option B
All Star Movies preferred room
“free” Disney Dining Plan
4 park days
early mornings, late night
Dinner at The Wave
Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour

What would you do? Thanks!

Considering that you mentioned the cost for Option B is so much higher, I'd be inclined to choose Option A. You said that the two extra park days are only partial because they are your arrival/departure days, so IMO, may not be worth the added ticket cost. Also, the free dining plan included with the values is for free QS - I am assuming you'd be upgrading the dining plan because you have TS meals planned? If yes, that just adds to the cost so some of the value of the promo is lost IMO. If you're not upgrading, that means you're paying OOP for the TS meals, and some of the value of the promo is lost there too. Plus, you said you don't like heat and going in June - it will be hot. With four park days and a tour, you will be contending with the heat often.

To me, Option A seems more relaxing and I presume that part of the reason for a solo trip is to have some relaxing time alone! Perhaps on a future trip with your family, you could venture off and do fireworks or a tour on your own too.

I would definitely pick 4 park days over 2. POP is nice, stayed there 2 years ago and didn’t expect to like it but it was all good. Never tried an All Star, but how much time are you really gonna spend there anyway? Stay longer is my vote!

Thanks for your advice! I think I’ve decided to go with B. Both trips will cost the same (within $20) and the price of B does include the upgrade to the Disney Dining Plan. You guys helped me realize my concern about trying to do too much in the heat would actually be better if I had more time to take breaks. I was also worried about losing the deposit for the package if I had to cancel if someone in the family gets sick. When I realized the cancel fees are waived for all of June, that decision was easier. Fingers crossed this trip happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter