Which pools are best?

hsmamato2

<font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad
So we'll be staying at Cabana Bay soon.... large family group, involving babies- elderly parents.... I think from all I'm reading, the pools at CB are going to be really nice for hanging out (we love just hanging out) but since hopping is allowed, and some may want a change of scenery, what are the best/worst pool options onsite? Like,what is worth hopping to visit and try out? Atmosphere, landscaping,places to relax for a group.... hot tub areas..... I'd love to hear opinions! Our last family trip was at the Dolphin,which has a fantastic pool/hot tub area,for comparison- they have multiple pools and hot tubs,and it;s just so pretty there. thanks!

So we'll be staying at Cabana Bay soon.... large family group, involving babies- elderly parents.... I think from all I'm reading, the pools at CB are going to be really nice for hanging out (we love just hanging out) but since hopping is allowed, and some may want a change of scenery, what are the best/worst pool options onsite? Like,what is worth hopping to visit and try out? Atmosphere, landscaping,places to relax for a group.... hot tub areas..... I'd love to hear opinions! Our last family trip was at the Dolphin,which has a fantastic pool/hot tub area,for comparison- they have multiple pools and hot tubs,and it;s just so pretty there. thanks!

They all have their pros and cons as well as their fans...my personal fav is Royal Pacific - I find it tropical and relaxing, nice hot tubs and great pool-side service. There is a fun kids splash area but no slide, if that is important to your group.
I also really enjoy the pools at Hard Rock and Cabana Bay but they are a totally different vibe - more upbeat, less chill. Hard Rock also has great pool-side service. That is one of the big drawbacks at Cabana Bay, IMO.
I am sure Portofino Bay is also very nice, but I haven't been there.

Sapphire Falls pool and surrounding area is really nice, The pool also has a central area that is ankle deep splitting it into 2 halves and it's really nice just to sit and lounge near the really shallow area. Their slide is really nice/fun for the kids too.

And it's just across the street from CB so you don't have that far to walk to check it out.

20160714-_DSC8680-1024x683.jpg

I have yet to try Sapphire Falls, someday I will. It looks very nice! RPR is nice as mentioned. Portofino Bay Beach pool looks nice for kids also, has a slide, but as a frequent solo traveler, I love the Villa pool for its quiet vibe. PBH is the farthest from CB though so probably not your best pool hopping option.

I have only pool hopped when the pool was out of service at whatever resort. Many do seem to enjoy it.

my very subjective take:

I’d say PBH is the closest to what ud find at the swolfin:) but the hot tubs don’t compare. No grotto but main pool has my favorite onsite slide theming and the pool seems just a bit deeper than the others.

Ur parents might prefer the quiet pool, a short stroll away. I’ve never been curious enough to go to the 3rd pool there

I wasn’t impressed with the CB pools. Lazy river not operating during a 4 day stay last Sept for what I was told: cleaning issues

SF has a interesting pool design, food offerings there are very good

RP is nice but seems to have a smaller footprint esp as to lounge chair area & no slide

HRH has an interesting vibe

Cabana Bay is my favorite. The atmosphere, pools, fire pits are A+. The nighttime outdoor atmosphere just screams the words "chill out". I have never been to either of them, but Sapphire Falls and Adventura are only a five-minute walk away. We would stay at cb all the time if they had an Express Pass.

Thanks y'all! I love your replies and advice! Sounds like CB is going to provide a good experience..... but that shallow middle at Sapphire Falls is so cool when you have young kids too! I may head over to PBH just out of curiosity..... The pool area at Swolphin is highly underrated IMHO...it's my fave spot among ALL the Disney resorts we've stayed at. (I know technically it's offsite) But since this is a Uni trip.... I know from past experience the resorts here will be great too.

Adults may enjoy the HRH pool - we like the vibe here. They play Top 40 music and you can hear it when you go under water. We also never have an issue finding chairs any time of day. Kids are welcome here too, and there is a sand area, but I just think it would be less interesting for them.

Thanks y'all! I love your replies and advice! Sounds like CB is going to provide a good experience..... but that shallow middle at Sapphire Falls is so cool when you have young kids too! I may head over to PBH just out of curiosity..... The pool area at Swolphin is highly underrated IMHO...it's my fave spot among ALL the Disney resorts we've stayed at. (I know technically it's offsite) But since this is a Uni trip.... I know from past experience the resorts here will be great too.
You will definitely enjoy the CB pools. It was our first Universal resort, and my kids (around 9 and 12 at the time) really loved them. We ended up becoming RP semi-regulars after that, and they loved that pool even more. There is no slide or lazy river or anything other than a beach and play area, but they always seemed to meet a bunch of other kids there and have a great time. They have a simple volleyball net and beach balls, which is a huge hit for some reason, plus movies shown right at the pool's edge. I also get to enjoy the poolside bar service! Have fun!

Cabana Bay is my favorite. The atmosphere, pools, fire pits are A+. The nighttime outdoor atmosphere just screams the words "chill out". I have never been to either of them, but Sapphire Falls and Adventura are only a five-minute walk away. We would stay at cb all the time if they had an Express Pass.

I'm in the same camp. We love CB the most out of all the resorts we've been to, and would stay there every trip if they offered EP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!