Which Prize and Why?

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
Of the three most common prizes (lanyard, ears, or dream fastpass), which would you most want to receive and why?

For me, in the peak season the dream fastpass is my definite preference. I've only won once, and thankfully that's what it was...it was a BUSY day so having the FPs really made a difference. It was funny...when I realized that the Dream Team was waiting for us in the loading area (Soarin') and they said "You're winners!", I had a little chant in my head: "Please let it be FPs! Please let it be FPs!"

If it was the off-season and FPs weren't needed in general, then I think the ears would be cool. Lanyards are third because I burned myself out with pins when they were at their peak of popularity, so they don't excite me too much anymore. I wouldn't turn 'em down tho'!

I received the Dream Past Passes at Magic Kingdom the day after Thanksgiving and they were definitely welcome and made my day really special. However, I would have loved to receive the pins and lanyard as I collect Disney pins and those would have been a special addition to my collection.

dolphingirl47

We go in September so my first choice for that time of year would be the lanyard and pins. If it were peak season, I agree with you, I would go with the dream fastpasses

But don't get me wrong, I would be happy with ANYTHING!!:goodvibes

Last year, we went during YOMD and did not get a thing, but my kids were too young to care anyway. However, there was the nicest older couple who carried Disney stickers, pencils from the Target dollar bin that had Disney characters, Disney temporary tatoos, etc.. in their fanny packs and handed them out as they went along. They said it made their trip so much happier as they had no granchildren to spoil and loved seeing the little ones faces when they got a surprise!
Needless to say, my kids were tickled with their items and thought that the couple was truly "magic"!:wizard: I agree!
This year, we are taking along some of these dollar store items to "share" with our "family" as we pass them in the park. My daughter thinks this is great as she can BE the "Dream Team"!

Of the three most common prizes (lanyard, ears, or dream fastpass), which would you most want to receive and why?

I'd pick Dream Fastpasses for two reasons.

(1) I've already recieved a few lanyards and ears from postcard entries.

(2) This is the biggie - We'd have to already be at WDW to win Dream Fastpasses :cool1: and we haven't been there since 2001! ;)

Considering I haven't won any of them, I'd take any of them! If I could actually choose I'd probably go for the fastpass. I can only go to WDW during the summer and having fastpasses is a must! Plus, the left over pass would fit perfectly on a scrapbook page. I go back this August, so here's hoping!

Last year, we went during YOMD and did not get a thing, but my kids were too young to care anyway. However, there was the nicest older couple who carried Disney stickers, pencils from the Target dollar bin that had Disney characters, Disney temporary tatoos, etc.. in their fanny packs and handed them out as they went along. They said it made their trip so much happier as they had no granchildren to spoil and loved seeing the little ones faces when they got a surprise!
Needless to say, my kids were tickled with their items and thought that the couple was truly "magic"!:wizard: I agree!
This year, we are taking along some of these dollar store items to "share" with our "family" as we pass them in the park. My daughter thinks this is great as she can BE the "Dream Team"!

The same idea happened to me too. It was a couple of years ago, before the YOMD or any of that. We were waiting to get into Crystal Palace and an older woman sitting next to me on the benches outside asked me if i was having a good time and enjoying my trip. She asked me who my favorite character was and I said I had a lot of favorites but Mickey Mouse was #1, and she reached into her purse and pulled out a card with a Mickey Mouse pin on it and gave it to me! The card said she was a Fairy Godmother in training and by accepting this gift I was helping her recieve her wand! I just thought it was very sweet of her :)

Personally I would like the FP, but I would pick the ears for my kids, that would probably make them feel special and make them smile. =)

All I want are THE EARS. Please I need them. As soon as I seen the ears I had to have them. I think they are so cute. I know I will ball my eyes out if I won the ears.

We just got back from 7 nights at Coronado Springs. We did not see the Dream Team the first two days then just as we were getting off the boat in The Land, Nelson from the DT announced that everyone in my boat and the boat in front of us had won the ears. What made it extra special is the fact that I had not even told my kids about YMD because truly, what are the odds of winning ANYTHING anyway? The crowds were tolerable (and this was the week of July 4th!) and we only waited 20 minutes tops for several rides while using the fastpasses - so the magic fast passes really wouldn't have been as special as the special ears.

All I want are THE EARS. Please I need them. As soon as I seen the ears I had to have them. I think they are so cute. I know I will ball my eyes out if I won the ears.
Ironically, my next door neighbor won the ears and didn't even know it. I saw them sitting in her house and said, "Oh, cool! You won a dream prize!" She looked at me like I was nuts and said, "No, it's just something they were handing people over at Epcot." Sigh!

we were in ak in june and won 'extra magic hour' we were able to stay in the park for an extra hour after it closed with mickey and minnie who held a jungle party and most of the big rides were open with no wait time - we rode everest about 4 times! they even had a special showing of the lion king - fab!:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter