Which resort to watch MK fireworks from?

kandmwedding

Lover of all things Potato Head
I remember reading that there is a resort that you can watch the fireworks from while laying in a hammock (assuming you get there in time). What resort is this?

My opinion...You shouldn't monopolize resort amenities when you aren't a guest there. They are for the persons paying the deluxe rates to stay at those resorts not anyone who thinks it might be a good view for the fireworks. For that reason I am not talking, but I am sure someone else will come along and give you the info. I just hope you will think twice about taking a spot that a resort guest might want to be using.

zulaya --

I'm glad you made the assumption that I was going to "monopolize resort amenities" without really having any idea whether that was true or not. I'm actually trying to decide which resort to stay at, and thought the added benefit of a great view of the fireworks might sway me into booking that resort. Thanks for all your help though!

kandmwedding,

I think it's the Poly. I am not for sure and was wondering the same thing as well. The crowds for fireworks are down right terrible & we would love to view them from our hotel.

You can watch the fireworks from the Poly and if you are lucky enough to claim a hammock. As Zulaya said, it is for Poly guests only. Unfortunately there are alway many people there that are crashing the place so to speak and you may not get that prized hammock spot! LOL! When we were there in May there was a group of 6 adults and tons of kids and none were guests. They had laid their stuff on 8 loungers that were beside my mom and myself. One man from the group continuely stood so close to my mother that his calf was bending my mom's foot while she was laying on her lounger. She asked him to move and his comment was that the fireworks hadn't started yet! Well she told him she was also enjoying the overall view and to please get out of her way. He did so a little bit but I'm sure was hoping that she would move so he could claim our loungers too. He went on and on about needing two more chairs. What a moron! The entire time they were talking about how one of the ladies in the group had read about the terrific view of the fireworks from the Poly and how they got the view for free! So yes you can watch them frojm the beach as long as you can sift through the crashers to find a spot!:mad:

Yes, it is the Poly. My husband and I did that last Monday. We found a great hammock at the water's edge, and it was very romantic. You can't hear the music very well, but the view is great. Just remember to bring bug spray, they were annoying. Also, you can watch them from a viewing deck in the Contemporary, but they don't have hammocks there. ;)

Some very defensive people out there... :rolleyes:

It is the Poly

I think you can see them from the GF as well at least from an oblique view from the dock in front of Narcoosee's or from a window seat at the restaurant

Of course, MK view from California Grill at CR works as well

Also, there are views from the top floors of the WL with a Woods View on the North Side of the resort

Thanks
jaysue

Originally posted by jaysue
Some very defensive people out there... :rolleyes:

It is the Poly

I think you can see them from the GF as well at least from an oblique view from the dock in front of Narcoosee's or from a window seat at the restaurant

Of course, MK view from California Grill at CR works as well

Also, there are views from the top floors of the WL with a Woods View on the North Side of the resort

Thanks
jaysue

I'm not defensive. Just warning the OP that if she stays at the Poly be prepared. There are a few signs that clearly state that the beach is for guests of the Polynesian. Obviously some people are illiterate and can't read or they chose not to follow the rules. Either way I have a name for those people. Just don't want to say it on the board!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by skiwee1
Unfortunately there are alway many people there that are crashing the place so to speak and you may not get that prized hammock spot! LOL!

You're right, it has gotten out of hand the last few years, even in the off-season. We've stayed at the Poly 16 times and I remember MANY nights years ago when we were the only ones on the beach.

steve

I've noticed on several web sites as I'm looking for WDW info, that many of them recommend "Resort Hopping" to the Poly to go to the beach and watch the fireworks.

Up until this posting, I did not know that the beach is reserved for Poly guests only. I'd actually thought of Resort hopping to the Poly *for* the fireworks, since it had been recommended so many times.

Just a different view of the information available.

Originally posted by tigger&tigerlover
I've noticed on several web sites as I'm looking for WDW info, that many of them recommend "Resort Hopping" to the Poly to go to the beach and watch the fireworks.

Up until this posting, I did not know that the beach is reserved for Poly guests only. I'd actually thought of Resort hopping to the Poly *for* the fireworks, since it had been recommended so many times.

Just a different view of the information available.

I too have seen it listed in many guidebooks. I realize that is where some get their ideas but one only has to read the signs on the beach to see it is against the rules. I'm lucky that I have never been during busy season and have to put up with packed beaches. I have only experienced this during slow periods and while it isn't busy, I have run into people that are not guests trying to monopolize the pool or beach. I would never dream of going to a resort and hanging out in areas that are not allowed. I wouldn't even ask for permission because the rules are so obviously stated and I'm not above them.

skiwee1 --

I actually didn't think your reply was defensive at all (your reply was actually very helpful to me), and I'm not sure if the other poster thought that or not. I hazard to guess not, since zulaya is the one who really seemed to be on the defensive - or rather offensive.

Yes, comments were aimed at the 1st reply to the OP - someone who assumed the OP was going to crash the beach

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter