Which resort would you pick?

itutorfortravel

I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addi
If you had to choose one of these resorts to stay at (irregardless of the time of year), which would you choose and why?

Bay Lake Tower
Wilderness Lodge
Boardwalk Villas

If there are others that you think are better than these, I'm all ears :-)

Thanks!

I have not stayed at BLT...yet...
Did a split stay last summer at VWL and BWV. At both resorts we stayed in 2 bedroom villas. Both had plenty of room. My personal favorite is WL. I just think it's the best resort on property period. My 3 year-old grandson kept wanting to go back "home" to WL after we moved to BW. I just don't feel as crowded there and the outside spaces as so much prettier and expansive than BW. We walked to Ft. Wilderness, rode the boat to the MK, took the boat to the CR and then the monorail to EPCOT. Busses were quick and on time. (We were there the last week of June).

Each resort is different and every person will have their own reasons for choosing one over the other:
AKV - Great views and different food.
OKW - My 2nd home, most room.
BCV - Walk to EPCOT/MGM.
SSR - Walking to DTD.
BLT - Monorail.
BWV - Like decor and ditto BCV.
VWL - Woodlands feel, walk to FWC.
VB - Different feel than WDW resorts.
HH - Area history and golf courses.
A lot depends on what we are doing that particular stay:
Resort only stay - AKL; BCV; OKW
Parks - BCV; BWV; VWL
Shopping/Going to other than WDW Parks/Last Minute Trip - AKL; OKW; SSR
Touring/Beach/Doing Something Different - VB; HH

If you had to choose one of these resorts to stay at (irregardless of the time of year), which would you choose and why?

Bay Lake Tower
Wilderness Lodge
Boardwalk Villas

If there are others that you think are better than these, I'm all ears :-)

Thanks!

No right or wrong or better choices here. Have stayed at all three. IMO time of year matters and who you are traveling with.

1- BLT- Love the views and walk to MK and access to monorail, don't care for lack of lobby and theming.

2 BWV- Our home resort so biased. Love walking/boat to 2 parks! Also like "resort" feel and ease of dinner options at EPCOT, don't care for lack of QS at location

3- VWL- Love the theming and main lobby as well as pool and rock formations, don't love that it is a bus ride to parks (boat is option to MK)

Depending on how many and who you are traveling with and for how long you could choose a split stay between two resorts. I would go with BWV and one of the other two near MK. The +'s and -'s of each could be a page each.

Enjoy no matter where you go

As has been mentioned above, there is not wrong answer here. All three are good resorts. Personally, I would vote for Bay Lake Tower in a Magic Kingdom View room. I love to watch the fireworks over Magic Kingdom from the balcony!

BLT for me. Can't beat the location and activities to do. Plus you can watch fireworks every night without leaving the resort. Now if I can choose any it's OKW. The room size is the best around and the laid back atmosphere is so relaxing. I love the large patio and seating fir four. The pool is awesome and Olivia's is a nice little restaurant.

all are perfect....:)
the question is which is best for you & your family, your tastes, favorite park(s), whether rope-drop, pool, strolls, dining, nightlife, etc are important.

without any knowledge of those, i would pick all of the above :thumbsup2

all are perfect....:)
the question is which is best for you & your family, your tastes, favorite park(s), whether rope-drop, pool, strolls, dining, nightlife, etc are important.

This is the key - figure out what YOU want in a vacation. For us it's proximity to Epcot and HS (our favorite parks), view from the room, dining selection - so we're purchasing at BWV (in ROFR now). When Poly becomes available I'm sure we'll get addonitis and buy there also.

I can't answer without factoring in the time of year and the type of stay we want since that makes a big difference to where we want to be.

BLT - We really enjoyed our stay there. We love to walk to a park so it was a delight to walk to/from the MK. The 1BRs are very large and and I like the layout. I would not stay in a studio here -- the studios at BLT are way too small for us. We're not park commandos so having a comfortable room is important to us.

VWL - Very cozy so this would be my choice for a stay in December. We also enjoy staying here in May. When we want to kick back and relax, VWL or AKV are our top choices.

BWV - For our F&W trips, this is where we want to be. We like to pop in and out of Epcot very often and enjoy the walk there and back. Lots of dining options when you factor in all the Epcot restaurants. The activity on the boardwalk in the evening makes BWV a fun place to stay. Hard to beat the views from the Boardwalk View rooms and the point savings from the Standard View room make it possible for us to book a longer stay.

I'm a theming girl. VWL has the best theming, in my opinion, but the worst park access.

BLT has the worst theming, in my opinion.

BWV has nice theming and nice park access.

BLT has the worst theming, in my opinion.
And it has the ugliest and most uncomfortable furnishings in the living area of any DVC 1BR we've stayed in. Too much tan, brown and army green for my tastes and the couch cushions were so hard it was like sitting on a wooden bench.

Love BLT! Location is awesome and we enjoying going over to CR for shopping and meals.

All of those are nice choices but if limited to one anytime of the year then VWL. It has a great theme and is a great place to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle yet it's a 5 minute bus ride or 10 minute boat ride to the busiest theme park.

And it has the ugliest and most uncomfortable furnishings in the living area of any DVC 1BR we've stayed in. Too much tan, brown and army green for my tastes and the couch cushions were so hard it was like sitting on a wooden bench.

I like the colors although I think the bar stools are an interesting choice. And it has some of the best beds and best 1BR and 2BR layouts. For some reason I rarely sat on the couch - mostly the banquette and bar stools and the sleeper chair. I guess that mostly I'm a chair person. :)

Thanks so much everyone! We are in the market for a dvc and we were actually contemplating multiple smaller contracts with different home resorts so I was interested in people's favorites, but as luck would have it a fantastic opportunity to purchase at VWL presented itself today.. We put in an offer and it was accepted, so as long as it passes through ROFR, we will be proud owners of our first dvc very soon!:yay::yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter