Which ressie should I keep?

from Canada

Mouseketeer
I have only rented a car once before, so Im pretty much a newbie to this. We travel Jan31- Feb 14. I currently have 3 different car ressies. We are a family of 5. I have a full size at National EA for $271. A full size at Dollar for $299. (I signed up for fast lane). And a full size at L&M for $245. These rates are all the base rates, before taxes. EA sounds like a good perk for only $26 more, but Im a bit worried about their filing for chapter 11, and Ive read a few bad reports about them on the boards here. Basically, I booked Dollar as a back-up, in case National went bankrupt and closed. Most recently I've read about L&M, so i booked there. They say their fullsize is a Taurus. I'm not sure that would hold all 5 of us PLUS all the luggage. Also, for $319, L&M has a minivan. Aaaaagggghhhh!
What would you do?
My mind is mush from all this planning!! lol
TIA
Karen

With 5 of you plus luggage, I'm not sure a full size will do it. We had a Grand Prix from National for 3 adults and our luggage barely fit in the trunk (3 full size pieces & some carryons).

It really depends on how you're going to use the car. We had 5 in a Nat'l full size, and we were crammed in, people in the backseat were holding luggage, but that was just to and from the resort/airport. It was fine after we arrived and unloaded the luggage...also, we didn't take all 5 people everytime we took the car. The group split up and went to different parks using the WDW busses.

If you'll be driving the entire group around most of the time during your visit, I'd say go with the minivan. Check to see if your quoted prices included all taxes, etc. National usually includes taxes and fees in their EA quotes while other companies often do not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter