Which restuarant did you kids love?

TigerLilly's Mom

<font color=FF99FF>Victim of a drive-by tagging!
We will need to eat lunch in the MK and MGM, and possibly a dinner at Epcot. Which park restuarant did your kids love? Also, I only made two PS for character meals and was hoping could just walk in with a minimal wait in Dec. - is this possible? Or will have to PS for everywhere we want to eat? Thanks! (by the the kids are 7 and 5)

Sorry for my horrible grammer - I left out a few words, lol! My son was talking to me about Pokemon and I was half listening and half typing, then I hit submit without proof reading. It is sooooo hard to muster up interest in Pokemon for the millionth time, but I tried.;)

In MGM their favourite is the Sci Fi. At MK, our favourite is taking a monorail to Chef Mickeys for a late breakfast instead of lunch. Also Liberty Tree Tavern and Crystal Palace are great - although I am not sure when Crystal Palace is opening.

In Epcot, they like the sit down restaurant in Japan best and also the Garden Grill.

My kids were three and six last time we visited. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice - It was very helpful. Do you find that you have to make PS's for all your meals or can you ever just walk in?

Our kids loved getting hot dogs at Casey's Corner. The food was tasty and Mr. Bob entertained us for quite awhile at the piano...he was hilarious and took time to sign the kids' books and pose for pictures.

Another good one is the Pinocchio Haus in Fantasyland. In one section you can see down below to It's a Small World and watch the boats go by as you eat.

These are both counter-service type places...I'm not sure if you wanted something else.

My kids loved 50's Prime Time Cafe in MGM, that was unanimously THE favorite restaurant of the trip. In MK, Casey's Corner's hot dogs were definitely my 12 year old's favorite. Turkey Legs were a big hit for my five year old - they were bigger than she was! The food at Cosmic Ray's was also good.

In Epcot, World Showcase has lots of great ethnic food, but if your kids are picky - good luck! The Land has great variety. I haven't tried it yet, but Beaches and Cream (International Gateway at the Beach Club) is supposed to have awesome counter style food and the best ice cream on site.

My DS's favorites are:

MK-Cinderellas castle- We made a PS after entering the park that AM.

MGM- Hollywood and Vine- Did a walk up

Epcot- Coral reef- Did a PS the morning of before leaving the room.

AK- a late breakfast at Donald's ( know you didn't ask but this is his VERY favorite. We had Ps for this one 60 days out.

All these were done off seasons.

Jordan's mom

Thanks for the great advice! I see a lot of repeat favorites, so I hope we get to try those. I am not going to worry about PS too much, I have PS for Storybook and Donald's so that should be enough, thanks again!

We prefer to make a PS because we all HATE to get stuck waiting where we want to eat. I think it wouldn't be too bad at off times like lunch at 11 or 2 and dinner at 4:30 or 8:30. It's also easier if you don't really care where you are eating. We walked in to Marrakesh a few years back since it's not that popular. This past trip was June and we had one PS per day and were glad we had it.

My kid's favorite restaurants are Teppanyaki and Coral Reef in Epcot and Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK.

I have to agree with Cinderella, Chef Mickey's for a late breakfast is the best for chracter interaction.

My only advice is if there is a restaurant you really want to eat at, make the PS if for whatever reason you can't make it, just cancel it.

My kids are 10, 8, and 4 and last went to WDW when they were 8, 6, and 2. They loved CP with Pooh and GG, both for lunch. GG was the favorite with outstanding character interaction. We did a late lunch 1:30 or 2:00, and my kids were dancing in the aisles with the characters.

For counter service we like the Sunshine Food Court in the Land, and Pinocchio's Village Haus in Fantasyland.

This time we have PS for 6 character meals, SPB, CRT, Tony's lunch, GG, Chef Mickey's, & LTT. We also have PS for Sci-Fi, 50's PT, and Le Cellier and plan to hit Beaches and Cream. I've never had so many PS, but we're meeting family who wants sit-down dining.

Here are a bunch of places we ate where you didnt need a PS.
Pecos Bills in MK has good quick counter service if your kids like burgers. For the grown-ups, the toppings cant be beat.
In Epcot we ate in the cocktail lounge in Japan, and the kids loved it.
Beaches and Cream is quite good. It is better to sit down than to take out from there, as the take out line moves very slowly, but we were served quickly at a table.
We had a very good breakfast at the ABC cafeteria in MGM.
We were able to walk in to the character breakfast at the Beach Club without a PS and there was great character interaction and a nice buffet style breakfast.
My son who was 6 loved Donald's breakfastasaurus (you definately need a PS for this), but we the grownups hated it. We dont like crowded buffets where we are made to feel like cattle at a trough.

My kids loved eating in Le Cellier in Canada. They loved the bread sticks and they loved the steak and potatos. The desserts for kids are fantastic....DS had a choc mousse...a Moose with antlers etc. made out of mousse and DD had a choc Epcot ball filled with mousse. This was a few years back so they may have changed. We loved out meals. DH is a meat and potatos kind of guy...no 3 stalks of asparagas tied with a carrot string for him..:) Good luck

Thanks for all the great replies, It's great to hear what all the kiddies like. Tonia

Son was 9 when we were there last year. He loved the following places

Ohana(breakfast)
Casey's
Pecos Bill's
Pizza Planet
Beaches & Cream
All Star Sports Food Court

When we return in April, he wants to try
Chef Mickey's
Rainforest Cafe
Anything in WorldShowcase
Electric Umbrella

I have to recommend Marrakesch in Morocco for a wonderful dining experience. Something enjoyable for kids AND adults. We had lunch there. The kids menu has beef shish ka bobs which were a fantastic tenderloin. They also have the standard stuff but my kids wanted a change from the chicken nuggets! My 3(10,8, and 4) were mesmerized by the belly dancer who came around and invited each child in the restaurant to join her for a lesson. When she wasn't dancing they had live music. The children got so relaxed that two of them fell asleep by the end of the meal. This was like a dinner show for the price of only a dinner.

We did not have a PS. I don't think one is necessary there.

Our 3 year old DS loves Cosmic Ray's in MK, probably not for the food, but more for the entertainment! He is also a fan of the giant turkey legs, and he enjoyed Aunt Polly's on Tom Sawyer Island, again, I'm sure he was entertained by the millions of birds that hang out there! In MGM, we love the Sci Fi Drive In, and at Epcot, we usually go for the counter service restaurants in each country and eat around the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter