Which t shirt transfer paper to use?

cwnhokie

DIS Veteran
I am putting a design on lime green shirts, should I use the transfer paper for dark colors or the other one? I have only previously done transfers on white shirts, any suggestions.

I also wanted to post that I am anxiously watching the clock to see how my 9 mickey head tie dye shirts will come out. If these look ok, I only have 3 more to do! Yeah! And 12 transfers, and just 3 more scrapbooks. Then my Christmas shopping will be just about done!

cwnhokie said:
I am putting a design on lime green shirts, should I use the transfer paper for dark colors or the other one? I have only previously done transfers on white shirts, any suggestions.

In my mind it will depend on two factors:

• shade of the shirt
  • the design

If the shirt is dark, the coloring may bleed through the light color transfer paper.

In regards to the design, how much WHITE is in the design? You have to realize that light color transfer paper does not "do" white -- therefore it comes out the color of the shirt underneath.

Your best bet is using the dark IMHO

I would definetely use the dark.

Post pics of your shirts we would love to see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter