Which ticket option would you choose?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Traveling Nov 28 - Dec 3

Myself, DS 10, DD 8, MIL and her sister (first timer).

We have 4 days, SW is a must do, so we have 3 days available for Disney. We will have our own car. The main goal is Christmas, but MIL/her sister are really game for anything that the kids want to do. For them, it's really about watching the kids enjoy themselves. The kids really love characters, parades, fireworks, and rides of course. They both love animals (my son is downright passionate about them). My son is open for anything and everything and the more animals the better. My daughter would enjoy Sea World/Discovery Cove (really wants to swim with a dolphin), but if she really had her way, she would do nothing but Disney.

So these are the options we're looking at:

Plan A: 2 day basic passes (EP, HS), plus MVMCP, and SW.

Plan B: 2 day hoppers (MK/HS, AK/EP) plus MVMCP, SW.

Plan C: 2 day hoppers (MK/EP, HS/MK), plus Discovery Cove and SW.

Last edited:
Plan A

AK is just not Christmasy to me. If you really feel the need to go to AK once you're there, get the hoppers then. No need to add them ahead of time, in case you don't need them.

Plan A. (But I would swap out the Epcot day for another day at MK. The party wouldn't be enough MK for me personally) I wouldn't get hoppers on a trip that short.

Plan A. (But I would swap out the Epcot day for another day at MK. The party wouldn't be enough MK for me personally) I wouldn't get hoppers on a trip that short.

Would you use the other day on a party day so it's low crowd and you'd be able to see FoF? Or, go on a non-party day knowing it'll be very crowded (8/9), but that way you'd be able to sea HEA?

Another Plan A and add park hop later it’s the same price or Plan D. I would throw another option get a 3 day ticket and on your SW day have the option to finish the day at MK to see HEA. I think this would be cheaper then adding hopper

**just looked at the ticket prices and I don’t think it is cheaper to add an extra day until you star around 5 or 6 days

I thought you said in another thread that you already bought Discovery Cove tickets? My apologies if I have you confused with someone else.

I would not hop on a trip this short. I would want to be maximizing my too short time in the parks. I would rather do 2 or 3 well than just sample all of them. That would have me leaving frustrated.

I thought you said in another thread that you already bought Discovery Cove tickets? My apologies if I have you confused with someone else.

I would not hop on a trip this short. I would want to be maximizing my too short time in the parks. I would rather do 2 or 3 well than just sample all of them. That would have me leaving frustrated.

Yes we did. It's a long story.

I think I agree with all of you so far, hopping would be a pain on a short trip. I'm assuming doing MK on a Wed or Mon would probably be better than a Saturday?

Yes we did. It's a long story.

I think I agree with all of you so far, hopping would be a pain on a short trip. I'm assuming doing MK on a Wed or Mon would probably be better than a Saturday?
Yes, it would be better than a Saturday. But that doesn't mean it will be good if those aren't party days. They will still be much busier than a Monday or Wednesday another time of the year.

Yes, it would be better than a Saturday. But that doesn't mean it will be good if those aren't party days. They will still be much busier than a Monday or Wednesday another time of the year.

For sure. I'm guessing, based on predicted crowds, that it will be similar crowds to what we experienced with our last trip? We went the week leading up to 4th of July and never had crowds lower than 8.

Would you use the other day on a party day so it's low crowd and you'd be able to see FoF? Or, go on a non-party day knowing it'll be very crowded (8/9), but that way you'd be able to sea HEA?

I would do the non-party day since you are doing the Christmas party. You could watch HEA from one of the resorts. You don't get the full effect of the projections, but the fireworks and music are still wonderful. And no crazy crowds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter