Which Universal Resort for us???

jacksmom

DIS Veteran
We have a Disney vacation planned for early Oct., but are thinking about adding on a night at Universal for the fotl acsess! We have stayed at Disney many times, but never at Universal. My ds is 6yo now and we think he may enjoy the rides at US! But, which resort would you recommend? We always stay at a Disney Deluxe, so we want something nice and something a 6yo would enjoy?? Also, how is the best way to book my ressie? Are discounts available? Please Help!! :bounce: Thanks!:bounce:

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the resorts. We have stayed twice at the Hardrock and my 6yo loved it as did my 3 yo. This upcoming trip we are trying the Royal Pacific for the 1st time. I would just go with whatever theme appeals to you the most. As far as discounts, they are wonderful, try the entertainment rate or the fan club or even AAA. ANd you may want to consider 2 nights:D You just may get hooked;)

Laura

We stayed at the PBH and I thought it was a very nice resort. Great pool, nice layout and our youngest member enjoyed running around the Piazza after dinner while DG Jana and I enjoyed a coffee or a beer. He amused himself looking at and sitting in/on the classic sports cars and mopeds that are placed around the piazza. There were quite a few kids doing the same and they also enjoyed making a fuss of the dogs that were being taken for walks by their owners. I thought the HRH looked very nice as well, although from what I've read some people find the atmosphere a little too hip/loud . It's certainly a distant cry from the GF but I thought it was pretty cool :) .

I am a hugh fan of HRH since we just stayed there. I am sorry to say that after staying there we got spoiled BIG TIME. I thought that that would be the appetizer for Disney and staying at a 2 BR villa at the Boardwalk - NOT. We all loved the HRH. The pool was better and you can't beat FOTL. I would go back right this second and skip Disney (please don't flame me, Disney was so crowded and long lines, very late or no fast passes, standing room only on the buses)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter