Which way is best to use GAD ticket?

PrincessDreams2

Mouseketeer
My sister and I are both taking trips this year with our families (not together) and we will all have GAD vouchers to use, and I think I have it right but I wanted to ask!

Is it less expensive to use your GAD voucher at the gate and then UPGRADE to a 4 day base ticket?

OR

Is is less expensive to buy a 3 day base ticket online (via Disney website) and just us the GAD voucher for your 4th day?

Which is the better answer?? (I am pretty sure the first one!) FYI - none of us are getting the dining plan, just a room only.

Thanks!

I believe it's cheaper to use your GAD ticket for a 1 day pass, then upgrade from there.

If you get the 1 day pass with your certificate, that's worth $79. Then if you upgrade that ticket with another 3 days, I believe you just pay the difference. A 4 day ticket costs $225, so I think you'd pay $146 ($225 minus the cost of a 1 day ticket at $79).

If you buy a 3 day ticket it costs $219. A 4 day ticket costs $225. So, if you buy the 3 day ticket and use your GAD certificate for the 4th day, you only save $6.

So for 4 days option 1 costs $146 and option 2 costs $219. I'm definitely not an expert. Hopefully someone on this DISboard will confirm my post.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter