Whispering Canyon-Family Style or Buffet?

TY31088

Mouseketeer
WE are interested in the Whispering Canyon Cafe Canyon Skillet All You Care To Eat $21.99 per person...,

is this a buffet or is it served family style?

:bounce: :tongue: :tongue: :bounce:

The skillet is served family style. There is also an a la carte menu.

We usually go during the "lunch" time. We eat a later lunch, and it saves some $$. I do think the lunch skillet has a few less items than the dinner one, but we love it.

If your aloud to share, Could you order the all you can eat skillet for 1 person and share it with 3 kids, and the DW order her own meal since she doesn't eat meat.. I'm sure theres enough in the skillet for me and my 3 kids, DD11,DD7,DS2... Do you think this would work...

I would think sharing an all you can eat would be frowned upon. You could definitely share with your youngest. I think under 3 are free anyway. Both of the other kids fall into the "kid meal" price range and I think it is only about $8 for the kids skillet(which is the same as the adult) Our kids love to order the skillet.

One other thing we have done, we ordered 2 skillet dinners to go and took it back to the room to eat. Our whole family ended up eating on what they had sent! It was fun relaxing in the room having dinner.

What is the skillet dinner, please?

All You Care To Eat

Start with mixed greens with apple vinaigrette dressing, fresh baked corn bread. Move on to smoked pork ribs, canyon pulled pork, oven-roasted chicken, pork sausage, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, cowboy beans, creamy cole slaw and corn on the cob.

It sounds great ! but does it all come all smushed up in one "skillet" ?
:confused:

For some reason, that's what I always pictured ! Do tell (please ?) 'cause my DD has made Whispering Canyon her trip request .

Each diner gets their own "prisoner" plate (so sez my DD - she was highly amused her first visit by the metal plate) And, sure enough, all the meal comes in a skillet, but the various items are "sectioned" off, either in smaller plates or bowls. It's actually a cute presentation.

Our family has never been disappointed, but you need to be in the mood for hijinks. The ribs are my least favorite meat (unless they've changed the recipe in the last year.) They're dry smoked and C-H-E-W-Y. Not to everyone's taste, I'll wager. The pulled pork does it for me!

WCC gets my vote for most polarizing restaurant. To read poster's comments, you'd think they were talking about two completely different places. Folks tend to love it or hate it.

My DH loves the food in the skillet but I'm not so crazy about it. It all taste very smokey to me and that is just not my thing. I do really like the mashed potatoes. My DS really likes just the chicken but it seems that the price for the kids skillet is only a 1.00 or 2.00 more that a kids meals so he gets that and eats the chicken and we just order more. Last time we had a really hard time getting refills on what we liked. DS and I were eating mostly chicken and they had brought like 2 wings to start with. By the time we had gotten more I had already eaten someting else I did not really want and DS was too tired to eat. He is 12 for our next trip and will not get this at adult prices and I now choose off the regular menu but DH is a true fan of the skillet. We are not the biggest fans of this resturant like most people but we love the WL and it's hard to stay there and not eat at it at least once. It always smells wonderful in the lobby.

Jordans' mom

Thanks, GREAT descriptions ! Now I know what to look forward to -- I was afraid to think about a skillet with my picky DD. I'm actually tickled she chose Whispering Canyon as her trip food choice "cause I really wanted to go there, too. Each trip, we each get to pick one "special" or new dining experience. This trip, we're doing Hoop-Dee-Doo, Boma, and, now Whispering Canyon.

Now I have to go eat 'cause I'm hungry just thinking about all this !

Originally posted by mike2u
If your aloud to share, Could you order the all you can eat skillet for 1 person and share it with 3 kids, and the DW order her own meal since she doesn't eat meat.. I'm sure theres enough in the skillet for me and my 3 kids, DD11,DD7,DS2... Do you think this would work...

Now you cannot share since it is all you can eat. Every person has to order it to be able to eat except the 2 y/o. That one would be free. The skillet's amount of food depends on how many order it. So if you just order it they will bring out just enough for one person. If two order then it will be enough for two people. You can get refills but my mom and I can barely eat what they give us the first time. You can order alacarte and also the children's meals. My 5 y/o got a hot dog and fries. The skillet meal is delicious. It has pulled pork, ribs, chicken, corn on the cob, and lots of other goodies. This has become one of our favorite restaurants for the food and the antics of the servers. My DD loves this place so it is on our must do list for the next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter