White card member AP discount?

tnccopeland

Earning My Ears
I am a white card member and became one in July 2019. It seems that I am reading that I do not qualify for the discount to purchase an AP. When I go to the site that allows me to purchase and link my DVC member info in MDE, it gives me the option to purchase an AP at the discounted rate. If I were to do this and show up to claim the AP would the person activating my AP look at my white card and deny the transaction? I am just curious as to why I am allowed to purchase or upgrade at the discounted rate if I a not supposed to be able to. Any clarification would be awesome!

Yes. They look up your membership and verify you are eligible . If you are not, they will charge you the difference

I can’t answer why it’s letting you buy, but maybe because they know it’s verified.

I can’t answer why it’s letting you buy, but maybe because they know it’s verified.
Eligibility for member pricing on APs is not information that's made available to MDE. I'm an associate member which is not eligible for any DVC member perks, but MDE will allow me to purchase at DVC member pricing.

Thank you all for your replies! Got excited thinking I may be eligible. It makes sense that the two systems do not communicate all the info. I sure am glad I did not pull the trigger on the AP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter