Who has gone with kids in masks?

We just returned two weeks ago and all three of our kids wore masks the entire time (ages 7, 6 and 3). We were most nervous about our youngest, especially because she hadn’t been wearing them much before our trip, but she was an absolute pro. I will say that I think the fact that literally everyone has to wear them helps- there’s no other option, so they don’t even question it. Wearing them in the heat isn’t as awful as you’d imagine, as long as you make sure to take lots of breaks to just drink water or chill out. We did always have extras with us, but never really needed them.

Lol I brought a huge pack of about 50 masks thinking they would become so saturated in sweat that we would need to change them 5 times a day. The only time we needed to change our masks during the park day was after Splash Mountain. I was worried about masks but they were far easier for all of us than I ever expected-- and you are exactly right. Everyone is wearing them. Disney is truly a model of mask compliance compared to some other places in the South.

Took our 4 year old, he did great. We tested out a few hours at the local zoo with masks first to see how he did in the heat and it went well so we booked. He did get hot and uncomfortable a few times so we stopped for a little snack with a mask free break and that helped.

I've not been to WDW lately, but my family, friends and I live in the hot desert of Arizona so I can speak to wearing masks in the heat (it's been between 110F and 120F here lately during the hotter points of the day with monsoon level humidity). It took some getting use to, but we have taken the time to build up our wearing times. We also make sure to plan breaks in the day if we have to spend long periods of time (hours on end) with masks on. Also, we make sure to drink plenty of water/Gatorade/etc. to stay hydrated. I also carry a paper towel or wash cloth to wipe away any spittle when I take my mask off for a few minutes -- this helps to prevent me from touching my face with my hands when I shouldn't be doing so. We also carry hand sanitizer so if something does happen, we can clean our hands as best we can at a moment's notice.

Good luck, stay safe and have fun!

6, 10, 14yo boys. They were fine. all did cloth masks (homemade duckbill style). oldest and youngest prefer elastic that went around the head. Bought plastic cord holder so we could they could tighten as needed. Middle preferred ear loops.

did relaxation stations twice which helped. Breaks for drinks and snacks and they knew to stop walking. Honestly, kids did better than adults and more responsive to requests to fix their masks.

Now that Disney has opened, who has taken kids and how did it go wearing masks? Please include ages. Thanks for sharing your experience. I may cancel, but haven't pulled the plug yet.
My son is 15 and we went in mid-July. He was just fine in his mask. He's adjusted to mask-wearing more easily than I have.

Hi,
Does anybody know if there a time limit in a relaxation station?
There isn't an official posted time limit, but folks have been told by CMs that if it's busy there will be a 30 minute limit. Take that as you may...

How did the little ones do on planes with masks? I am less worried about them wearing one at Disney while they are distracted but sitting on a plane is a different story.

For those who flew did you and your children feel safe on the planes?

Just throwing this out there--- Ordered the masks from Ty, and they are great ! The fit perfect, and very comfortable and breathable - even for adults, because of the adjustable ear loop ! Fit much better than the ones we bought at shopdisney -
My son actually WANTED to wear this one !!!

How did the little ones do on planes with masks? I am less worried about them wearing one at Disney while they are distracted but sitting on a plane is a different story.

For those who flew did you and your children feel safe on the planes?
Honestly, they didn’t bother with their masks at all. They watched their movies and played on their iPads and it was a complete non issue. We were on Southwest and it was excellent. No full, very clean, rules enforced. Overall, it was a very pleasant flight (both ways).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter