Who is planning a trip for next year to Disneyland?

kirstyfly

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone

Just wondering how many of us are lurking around here and planning a trip for next year?

We had planned/booked and paid a trip for October this year as planned first family trip to Disneyland and surprise 5th Birthday for our girl.

Our airline American Airlines has cancelled flying from Auckland to LA and won't start again till end of October. Since our flight was cancelled we are getting our money back and looking at going in a years time. (just waiting for money to show on credit card )

Lucky I bought our 10 day Disneyland tickets on Expedia and have had them refunded (money is back on the credit card).

Hotel was a pay when you get there hotel and free cancellation so no money was lost on that.

All I can say is thank goodness we didn't tell miss 4 we where going as she would be so disappointed. I now have a 5th Birthday to plan.

Had one planned for July this year. I have now cancelled it all including 2 nights at Grand California.
I don’t feel that international travel to the U.S will happen till at least 2021 without restrictions and quarantines.

Maybe July 2021 just redo the trip I had planned but in 2021.
My biggest concern is will that be to early for our trip to be how we want it to be and not have Covid restrictiveness in the park. For example I feel part of the experience is the night time show, fireworks, world of color, parades, character meals and character meets. If these are no longer happening then I might wait longer.
I also worry about maybe social distancing may restrict numbers in the park and how they would achieve this. Could it be a situation where I need to stay at a Disney property to be guaranteed access. That would financially change everything.
Also concerned about the increase in crowds who won’t go this summer July and go next instead.
I have been in July before and it was busy but with extra hours and increased ride capacity and more shows with some planning it was fine.
I might even push it back as far as my airline credits allow.
It might end up being hello end of 2021 or 2022.

Hi everyone,
We have a trip planned for December this year. Flights are still booked (American Airlines) and paid a deposit for a package at Disneyworld, and purchased 10 day tickets for Disneyland.
We don't think this trip will happen, I'd be surprised if the Australian Government allows us to leave the country, and even if they did, I wonder what the experience at the parks would be like. As AussieNSW pointed out, the shows, parades, fireworks etc are a big part of the experience, do we want to travel all that way if those elements are not offered? Plus the drop in the Aussie dollar has made it all the more expensive..........
So we are thinking a trip in December 2021 might be more realistic.

Hi everyone,
We have a trip planned for December this year. Flights are still booked (American Airlines) and paid a deposit for a package at Disneyworld, and purchased 10 day tickets for Disneyland.
We don't think this trip will happen, I'd be surprised if the Australian Government allows us to leave the country, and even if they did, I wonder what the experience at the parks would be like. As AussieNSW pointed out, the shows, parades, fireworks etc are a big part of the experience, do we want to travel all that way if those elements are not offered? Plus the drop in the Aussie dollar has made it all the more expensive..........
So we are thinking a trip in December 2021 might be more realistic.

Yes I agree the shows, parades and fireworks are what make it extra special. If you are paying all that money you definitely want the full experience. December 2021 might be the better option.

We have an October trip to WDW. I think The Aus Gov may allow flying but only if there are large improvements in treatment and testing. If things in that area don't improve I think I can say bye bye to that trip as well (March trip was also cancelled).

So you never know...

We have an October trip to WDW. I think The Aus Gov may allow flying but only if there are large improvements in treatment and testing. If things in that area don't improve I think I can say bye bye to that trip as well (March trip was also cancelled).

So you never know...
Hi Chlo - is this a Halloween trip? I love Halloween at Disneyworld :maleficen

Yes I agree the shows, parades and fireworks are what make it extra special. If you are paying all that money you definitely want the full experience. December 2021 might be the better option.
Yes, its a lot of money :crazy2: but so worth it :)

We only had about five weeks to go before we could book our dining reservations....I might still make the bookings...just in case...I can always cancel once we know for sure.

I'm hoping for a late March quick trip to DL, maybe 3 nights, so 2 park days. My fingers are still crossed. It's been a long time since I've seen Disneyland and I want to see how much it has changed.

We were supposed to be flying out next week, I would love to think we could go next year but I‘m not confident. The general consensus seems to be that next year is a write off too. All depends on how early they can roll out a vaccine.

I really don't know if it is going to happen but I have booked refundable accommodation for October 2021 ( similar dates to what we were meant to go this year).

I'm not holding out hope as it looks real bad in the States with Covid 19 (and the rest of the world for that matter).

Looks like my original plan might be the time our first family trip does happen -2025

I have cancelled the hotel for October this year. It's not going to happen this year and I am okay with that.

I know Disney is not going anywhere and will be there when the time is right to travel and experience Disney at it's best.

I can say this happily as it gives me more time to save and plan,

Sorry to hear that, but sounds like you've got the right attitude.

Is your trip for DL, or WDW?

Sorry to hear that, but sounds like you've got the right attitude.

Is your trip for DL, or WDW?

This is a Disneyland trip, it will be our first family trip to Disneyland and my second trip there.

Had booked and paid to take our girl as a surprise for her 5th Birthday last year. Thankfully she was unaware of it as that would have been very hard to explain to an excited child.

She knows that one day she will get to Disneyland as she is saving money to go.

This is a Disneyland trip, it will be our first family trip to Disneyland and my second trip there.

Had booked and paid to take our girl as a surprise for her 5th Birthday last year. Thankfully she was unaware of it as that would have been very hard to explain to an excited child.

She knows that one day she will get to Disneyland as she is saving money to go.

She is going to love it.

We took our kids in 2018 when they were 5 and 3, and again last year when they were 7 and 5 (son's 5th birthday was in the park).

I've never been to WDW, but we keep going back to DL because there's so little planning required, which is great for a holiday with kids.

We're now waiting until the day that all restrictions are lifted and will plan our trip for after that. Currently keeping myself sane watching DFB on YouTube.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter