Who is The Watcher in Marvel comics?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
For Valentine's Day today I got a Marvel Bleacher Creatures plushie of The Watcher and I want to know more about this character? He is a bald guy with white eyes and he appears in the Marvel What If series on Disney+. How did Marvel come up with The Watcher in the comics? Also does The Watcher speak too? Because I read that actor Jeffrey Wright provides his voice

The Watcher is a cosmic being, well, asctually a race of cosmic beings, who observe all life in the universe. They are quite powerful, but sworn never to interfere or take sides (though the main Watcher for Earth, Uatu, has broken that oath at times). The character was often used as a framing device for the reader, explaining the events as he sees them. He was also key to the "What Iff...?" comic books where he would observe other realities where things happened differently. This is a pretty classic depiction of him:

1708000021878.png

That's a really cool fact about The Watcher Brian. Also how do you pronounce his name? Is it Ooh-wah-too? Because when I first got my The Watcher plush my mom couldn't pronounce Uatu so we just call him Watcher
Thank you for the interesting info Brian

That's a really cool fact about The Watcher Brian. Also how do you pronounce his name? Is it Ooh-wah-too? Because when I first got my The Watcher plush my mom couldn't pronounce Uatu so we just call him Watcher
Thank you for the interesting info Brian

I say it as yoo-ah-too - but I think either way works.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter