Who on earth would stop in Bay Lake Tower?!

We just did BLT on a split-stay in June and loved it, so much that we just booked a couple more nights after our 2019 spring break Disney Cruise! We stayed in a studio with 2 adults and 2 kids and were perfectly fine with the size and layout, and even with "just" a standard view, I loved relaxing on our balcony where I could see our daughters in the fun BLT pool.

There's no crappy DVC resort. OP had a poorly located room for the points, which I agree may 'sully' the experience. Yes the studios are small. But it has some of the best one beds on property.
I wasn't particularly overwhelmed by Kidani, because there was nowhere to walk to or run outside, it seemed like I was in a Yucatan all inclusive, to me. But I can see it has massive numbers of positives, many will love it, and it is still a wonderful hotel. I'm surprised OP couldn't pick out positives from BLT because it has many, even if it didn't tickle OP.
As has been said, the beauty of DVC (why I bought in) is the hotels are very different, in fact despite going back to WDW year after year, you can have a very different feeling vacation each time.
Now Riviera- having been up close I am sceptical about that one, but I'm sure it will have redeeming features.

BLT is our home resort for two reasons:

1. Walk to MK (this is wonderful after the fireworks when the crowds head for the buses/monorail/boat)
2. Extra bathroom in 1BR unit (we stay exclusively in 1BR or 2BR - the extra bathroom is necessary with 2 daughters)

We don't care for the decor of the rooms, but that's not really important to us. The two points mentioned above far outweigh the beauty of the room.

That extra bathroom is absolutely key for us when traveling. Our choice is either BLT or Animal Kingdom Kidani Village. I agree with you 100% about the decor and with your two reasons for choosing BLT. That walk back to the room has been fantastic especially when you have a couple of kids with you at the end of the day.

I'm the minority. I actually prefer BLT studio compare to other studio. Yes it's small but coming from NYC, you have no idea how 'small' a room can get here. ;) I love the separate kitchenette area. I can stick luggage there and it's out of the way. I also love the cheaper view is looking out at the lake / pool.

I'm the minority. I actually prefer BLT studio compare to other studio. Yes it's small but coming from NYC, you have no idea how 'small' a room can get here. ;) I love the separate kitchenette area. I can stick luggage there and it's out of the way. I also love the cheaper view is looking out at the lake / pool.
I can book an OKW studio for even fewer points and get a bigger villa. But, different strokes.

Recently stayed in a TPV studio with the wife, I loved the Contemporary as a kid, but disliked our one night at BLT.

I will hold final judgment because I know most people seem to say the studios are rough. If we ever stay again (doubtful) it will be 1-2 bedroom. We were at our home resort the VGF and wanted to add a last minute night to our trip, the only option in the MK resort area was BLT.

Different strokes for different folks I would never question why someone else likes something I don’t, or vice versa.

We love BLT - We are buying a second contract there.

1. The walk to MK is invaluable with children.
2. The Contemporary was our gateway drug and we love the walk to there.
3. We really enjoy the rooms and the contemporary feel.

I know people often speak about how large OKWs villas are. I always think that I am not buying it to live in!

I know people often speak about how large OKWs villas are. I always think that I am not buying it to live in!
I guess I could just save points and sleep in the car as sleep at a BLT studio. I like space to move around and we spend a lot of time in our villa. Two televisions work better for us.

I guess I could just save points and sleep in the car as sleep at a BLT studio. I like space to move around and we spend a lot of time in our villa. Two televisions work better for us.
Wow!
No TVs in my car. Oh well.

I really do like BLT studios.

I have stayed in OKW, and each time, I worry that we will not get first floor or elevator building. DH needs a new knee. It just adds to stress of Travel.

You don't get 2 TV's in an OKW studio. Unless you mean BLT compared to VGF and watching TV in the bathroom? :happytv:

Comparing BLT 1BR's with 2 TV's? And 2 full bathrooms? Beats most others.

You don't get 2 TV's in an OKW studio. Unless you mean BLT compared to VGF and watching TV in the bathroom? :happytv:

Comparing BLT 1BR's with 2 TV's? And 2 full bathrooms? Beats most others.

I would 100% trade sitting on a balcony with a drink watching boats go by over watching TV, but maybe that's just me. I even enjoyed sitting in a parking lot view at the Polynesian watching Monorails go by more than any TV options. My whole idea of vacation is to get away from the daily routine, but to each their own.

Staying in a 2brm at BLT in 20 days. Can't wait. The last time DH and I stayed in a studio and really liked the easy location. The one thing we didn't care for was that you could actually look across to see other people in their rooms. Saw a man in his underwear so we left our curtains closed when we were in the room. We were on the highest floor (DH has fear of height) so didn't use the balcony much. Have requested room in middle Floors 5-7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!