Who will get there first?

Who will beat Shrek first?

• Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone

• Monsters Inc.

Results are only viewable after voting.

MickeyMoose15

Happy Easter!!!
This sounds but here it goes:

Who do you think will go past Shrek as the top movie of 2001?

Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone
or
Monsters Inc.?

Both movie's have gotten great reviews and have both reached the $200 million mark.

I finally saw Monsters, Inc. last night and it was very good but not as magical as Harry Potter. I think that Harry Potter will have more staying power than Monsters Inc.

I think that Harry Potter will have more staying power than Monsters Inc.

I think that staying power depends on the age group. I think parents of the younger kids will lean towards MI before ever considering HP. Because of their target groups I think they both will hang strong through the season.

It is very, very, VERY close. As of Wednesday, it was like this:

Monsters Inc. $194.3 million
Harry Potter $194.0 million

I'm not sure even though I voted for Harry. I personally liked Harry Potter a little better (blush) but I doubt that adults will decide this. I asked my 8 year old and he couldn't decide which he liked better. He finally decided to go with Harry because a boy was in it. :)

I hope that they both do enormously well and that Lord of the Rings comes along and competes with them too. We all win IMO.

It seems that Harry Potter may get there first. This past weekend box office estimates are this:

Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone #1 $24.05 million Total: $220.1 million
Monsters Inc. #4 $9.41 million Total: $204.3 million

Monsters Inc was good but I enjoyed Harry Potter more. I am part of this weekend's total for Monsters Inc but I would definitely go see Harry Potter again before I go to see Monsters Inc a second time.

I think Monsters Inc. as a better made movie, but Harry will win.

i saw Shrek and Monsters Inc. I loved them both even though i am 15 but i have no desire to ever see Harry Potter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter