Who's already planning for 2017 or 2018

gracer9977

Happiness is Disney
I am obviously a Disney freak :) and even though I am not going to be able to afford to go back to my Happy Place until sometime in 2017 or 2018 that doesn't stop me from thinking about when to go, where we will stay, what extras we will budget for, etc.

So I figure there are probably other people out there like me so this is the thread for all of us that have the long wait till we can go back again.

You can come here and talk about all the ideas you have for your next trip to Disney.

Who's with me??!! :goodvibes

We are looking at September 2017. Our daughter is getting married this year in October so after that we will save for our next trip home to Disney World!!:cool1: Our daughter is the last of 3 kids at home - so I will have that empty nest feeling - and planning our next trip is sure to help me feel better! This will be the first trip I have planned for just my husband and myself. I am hoping the whole family will be able to join us - so in all reality - I will probably still be planning for the kids ;)
We usually stay at the All Stars - so that probably won't change unless we win the lotto :thumbsup2 - which I don't play - so that's out. :laughing: We have gone to Disney World about every 4 or 5 years since the kids were little - takes us a while in between to save. But I enjoy thinking of our next trip starting on the plane ride home :) We were there last in 2012 so I will be anxious to ride all the rides that are new since then.
Thanks for starting this thread - will be nice to keep up with all the others that have what feels like a forever wait - until we can visit the Happiest Place on Earth again. :banana:

I am so glad you started this thread! I wish I could go to WDW every other year but in reality I only get to go every four or five years.

I have been a total 5 times in my lifetime! Once when I was 13 with my mom and dad and siblings, once with my DH when it was just the two of us, and three times with my own kids. The last time was in Feb 2014 and that was just because my son's high school marching band marched in the Magic Kingdom.

My DH tolerates Disney but is not really a fan, so if it was up to him, we would not be going back at all.

Me, I love WDW, and dream about going all the time! I really wonder about myself sometimes, but I find myself thinking about and planning a trip all the time. There is just something about it, and I have fun planning all the little details.

So, I am hoping to go back in 2017 or 2018 whenever I can swing it financially and convince my DH to go or at least to let me go. He would be fine with me going on my own or with the kids or with friends.

Right now, I am imagining my DD's first band trip in Jan 2018 since the kids high school band takes a trip every other year. In the past, with my son, he went to the Gatorbowl during his freshman year, and the to WDW his junior year. My DD is in 6th grade now, so her first band trip should be her freshman year too. I figure the year in between when neither of my kids are in high school is a bowl game year. So, I plan to start throwing out the idea of another Disney trip to the band director. We know him pretty well since my DH has worked the pit crew all four years and his daughter is in the same class as my daughter. They are on the basketball team together so I know his wife too. I just figure, I will share my ideas with them casually for now.

Wow! I am really a big wind bag tonight! Tee Hee! I guess I am excited to share my ideas for my next trip with like-minded people!

Let's share what resort we would love to try if money wasn't an issue and then share where we are most likely to stay.

Denise, I know you stated that you have stayed at the All Stars in the past and will likely stay there again. Do you think in reality you will stay with the All-Stars or do you think you might try POP or AoA for a change of pace? What about your dream resort?

gracer9977, what is your dream resort? Where do you think you will really stay?

For me, I think my dream resort would be one of the monorail resorts, probably the Poly. My mom and I both always thought it would be a fun place to try out since it has the tropical theme. The Contemporary would be fun to try out too.

In the past, we have stayed at the moderates and enjoyed them. I like the peacefulness of them. We have got good deals in the past that allowed us to stay in a mod instead of a value. For each trip with my own kids, I have always started out by planning and even booking us in a value room and then when a deal came out I switched to the moderates since there wasn't a huge difference in price. In 2014, I had planned to stay at AoA in a standard room and then the deal came out that did not include the standard rooms at Little Mermaid, so I switched to PORFQ. I really liked the compact size and theme there.

Hi mdsouth :wave2: - I think my Fantasy resorts would be the Contemporary - so I could walk to the MK - or the Wilderness Lodge because of the theme. We do usually stay at the All Stars because of the price - we have stayed at POP twice and have liked it - but when I book online the past few times our "fake" vacations to get prices and just because it is fun :yay: - POP has been higher in price than the All Stars even though they are all Value. I love the theme of the AOA, but on the disboards have heard the LM section is for regular rooms and many have said it is the longest walk. So in all reality we will probably stick with the All Stars - but I'm not against getting a great deal and staying at another resort on-site. :cool1: So, I have already set up a budget to save for the trip - how about you mdsouth, gracer9977 or anyone with a trip planning goal or 2017 or 2018 - do you have a budget/goal set up - what are some ways you are saving for it? What are some ways you get your Disney Fix in between vacations?

We usually go to disney once a year. I have a trip planned for next year. But I do know we are planning for a Huge trip in 2018 I think before my littlest one starts kindergarten and my oldest goes off to middle school.

Planning on doing a month long road trip. We always drive from nj to disney but for this trip we are actually going to stay over in a few cities along the way and back again. I think we are doing williamsburg and myrtle beach on the way down and savannah and Washington, D.C. On the way back. We of course will be staying in disney for about a week to 10 days, probably at the contemporary bc that's our fav resort. We also might combine the disney stay with a disney cruise (not sure yet) we have plenty of time to think it over lol

Hi mdsouth :wave2: - I think my Fantasy resorts would be the Contemporary - so I could walk to the MK - or the Wilderness Lodge because of the theme. We do usually stay at the All Stars because of the price - we have stayed at POP twice and have liked it - but when I book online the past few times our "fake" vacations to get prices and just because it is fun :yay: - POP has been higher in price than the All Stars even though they are all Value. So, I have already set up a budget to save for the trip - how about you mdsouth, gracer9977 or anyone with a trip planning goal or 2017 or 2018 - do you have a budget/goal set up - what are some ways you are saving for it? What are some ways you get your Disney Fix in between vacations?

Denise, I had to laugh at your statement about logging and and pricing a "fake" vacation. :rotfl2: I do this all the time too! I like to have a basic idea of what prices will be before and after any discounts.

To get my Disney fix between vacations, I read lots of Trip Reports and read other threads here. Right now, I am writing my own Trip Report from my Feb. trip. I just started it about s month ago. So, I am having fun going back through my photographs and reliving the trip again. Check it out if you have time. The link is in my signature.

I also like to watch any shows about WDW I can find on television. :surfweb: I have some old ones that I taped off of tv on CDs. I also have the Sing-along DVD's that my DD and I love to watch together. There are different ones that were taped in the different parks.

What does everyone else do to get their Disney fix between trips?

I already have plans for 2017 & 2018!

2017 (Mid-October) - A week in WDW at POFQ.

2018 (Early December) - 5 nights in WDW at CBR, followed by 3-nights on my first Disney Cruise!

:hyper:

A Disney cruise sounds like fun, especially when you get 5 nights at WDW too. I think going to the parks first and ending with the cruise is a great idea! :thumbsup2 I expect the cruise portion will be more relaxing than being in the parks. Ending your vacation by relaxing on the ship and the beach seems ideal.
:beach:

I am really wishing I could make a trip back to WDW sooner than 2017.

Right now, I would love to plan a trip in the fall but it probably will be in the summer since I teach.

Ideally, I would love to try a monorail resort. Realistically, I will stay onsite at either a mod or a value.

I have stayed at CBR, CSR and PORFQ in the past.

If I stay at a mod, I think I will go back to POR- French Quarter. I really liked the compact size and there is still a lot of the resort I want to explore.

If I have to go the value route, I think I will try AoA Little Mermaid room or POP Century. I think my kids would like the theme at either of those two places the best.

We just did trips 2 back to back winter trips, but our next will most likely not be until 2017....maybe 2016 if I am lucky. Defiantly want to get the next one in before DS becomes a Disney adult.

I am really torn as to what time of the year to do our next trip. We have done the week prior to xmas and thanksgiving(both of which were amazing). We LOVE Halloween so maybe an October trip would cool and I was really thinking it would be nice to try food and wine festival (would that be lost on the kids?)...maybe I can convince him to do a quick weekend trip with just the two of us some time in 2015 or 2016;) Part of me would like to go during late may or June, but then I think of the crowds and heat and think maybe not.

As for resort we have stayed at POR and CBR, both were great and I would happily stay at either one again. If we take MIL again like we did this last trip, I am inclined to give AOA suites a try. As for dream resort, I would love to stay at any of the monorail resorts. I would say top of the list would be a theme park view room at the contemporary.

I grew up in Florida and went to several short trips while there. My dream was always to go have a real vacation there. Lots of days, stay on site, see as much as possible etc. Now that I have a son I a working on make that dream come true for us both and my husband too of course who is a fan but not crazy like me. We are planning a 12 day trip in late August 2017. We plan to stay at WL and do lots of character dining etc. I already have a detailed spreadsheet with our dream schedule/meal plans etc. I am still working on special events like cruises and FP+ priorities. I feel like we might have to extend it out to 14 days but we'll see. My son will be 4.5 so this will probably be the first of several trips. :cool1:

Sooo glad Im not the only one that has this problem.Im planning our 2016 summer vacation now.My wife just doesnt understand.She gets into about 6 months to go.I however cannot.Too much changes in that time so I belive its better to plan and plan.Missing next y ear to be able to stay at a moderate this time with an extra day.This past summer was for 7 days.Cant wait!

We just did trips 2 back to back winter trips, but our next will most likely not be until 2017....maybe 2016 if I am lucky. Defiantly want to get the next one in before DS becomes a Disney adult.

I am really torn as to what time of the year to do our next trip. We have done the week prior to xmas and thanksgiving(both of which were amazing). We LOVE Halloween so maybe an October trip would cool and I was really thinking it would be nice to try food and wine festival (would that be lost on the kids?)...maybe I can convince him to do a quick weekend trip with just the two of us some time in 2015 or 2016;) Part of me would like to go during late may or June, but then I think of the crowds and heat and think maybe not.

As for resort we have stayed at POR and CBR, both were great and I would happily stay at either one again. If we take MIL again like we did this last trip, I am inclined to give AOA suites a try. As for dream resort, I would love to stay at any of the monorail resorts. I would say top of the list would be a theme park view room at the contemporary.

Totally, understand the part of wanting to plan your trip when you can still get your son in for the child's price. The cost really goes up once they are considered to be an adult per Disney's standards.

Perhaps it would be a good time to go in early May instead of late May or June. The Spring Breaks crowds should be gone and the summer ones not yet there. I expect the weather would be nice around then too. It is something to consider.

So, you found the parks to be pretty manageable the week prior to Thanksgiving and the week prior to Xmas?

I grew up in Florida and went to several short trips while there. My dream was always to go have a real vacation there. Lots of days, stay on site, see as much as possible etc. Now that I have a son I a working on make that dream come true for us both and my husband too of course who is a fan but not crazy like me. We are planning a 12 day trip in late August 2017. We plan to stay at WL and do lots of character dining etc. I already have a detailed spreadsheet with our dream schedule/meal plans etc. I am still working on special events like cruises and FP+ priorities. I feel like we might have to extend it out to 14 days but we'll see. My son will be 4.5 so this will probably be the first of several trips. :cool1:

I understand your desire to stay for an extended time instead of just day trips. Growing up my grandparents lived on a farm about an hour away from Hilton Head Island. So, when we visited them, we would go to the beach for just a day and head back to my grandparents. It wasn't until I was an adult and my grandparents were dead that I went on a beach trip where I stayed in a hotel. We rented a condo and it was really fun for me.

It sounds like your son will be at an ideal idea for his first trip!

Sooo glad Im not the only one that has this problem.Im planning our 2016 summer vacation now.My wife just doesnt understand.She gets into about 6 months to go.I however cannot.Too much changes in that time so I belive its better to plan and plan.Missing next y ear to be able to stay at a moderate this time with an extra day.This past summer was for 7 days.Cant wait!

Have you picked which moderate you want to try? I have stayed at three of the four, CBR, CSR, and on my last trip PORFQ. Each one was great for different reasons!

I am currently writing my trip report from my last trip. It was in Feb. 14 but I just got around to writing the TR about a month ago. I am on Day 2 of a seven day tripl It is helping me relive my trip and get my Disney fix in. As I write the TR about this trip, I am making notes on what I would like to do differently or the same on my future trip.

2016, 2017, 2018 are too far away! :hourglass

I'm Back. :goodvibes Have been so crazy busy that I have been off the dis for over a month!! :eek:

Back to the dream resorts. If money was growing on trees in my yard I would love to stay at the Poly, Grand Floridian, Beach Club or Bay Lake Towers. I would love to go at Christmas time and stay at the Wilderness Lodge.

Unfortunately money is not growing on trees in my yard so I am trying to budget for my trip. I have extra money that comes out of my paycheck and goes into a savings account that I have no ATM card for so I have to make a trip to the bank to get the money out. Unfortunately the money I had saved just got almost wiped out by a series of unforseen costs that came up. :sad: Almost a thousand for the heater to be repaired and a few car issues. :headache: So starting in Jan I will have to start saving again. Not even going to bother this month. Christmas presents and events need all the money this month.

Glad to see there are so many other people already planning trips 3-5 years from now. :)

I too go on the Disney site and "plan" trips to see what they cost. Plugging in different scenarios, dates, and split stays to see what I can come up with. I even go on Southwest and check plane ticket prices around the same time I plan to go and see what days are the cheapest. Do I leave on a Friday and come back on a Sat, or maybe fly out on Wed and come back on Thurs or Tues??

I wish my husband loved Disney like I do but he doesn't. He dreads the thought of ever having to go back but at the same time he doesn't want the kids and I to go without him because he doesn't want to miss out on memories and experiences with them so I am kind of stuck. He knows I am planning for us to go back in 3-4 years and I am sure he is already dreading it. :sad2:

Got the kids working on him though and I am not even trying. Last night I came home and the kids were watching a Disney planning video from last year and talking about the rides they wanted to go on and kept talking to my hubby about favorite rides and remember when we did...... Pretty funny.

Anyway lately I have been keeping myself busy and in the Disney spirit by helping friends plan for their upcoming trips. 2 of my friends had never been and were taking their kids for the first time ever. I love planning those trips so it's been fun using all my knowledge to help make their trips as magical as possible and then hearing all about them when they get back. Another friend who goes often is there now and a few more are going next year so I have been living vicariously through them. :)

As for me I just keep planning and keep working on saving up the money to go.

I am planning an October 2016 vacation with my family and my 40th birthday trip for just my husband and I in 2017! I am hoping to stay at Bay Lake Towers 2016 and Fort Wilderness 2017.

I'm Back. :goodvibes Have been so crazy busy that I have been off the dis for over a month!! :eek:

Back to the dream resorts. If money was growing on trees in my yard I would love to stay at the Poly, Grand Floridian, Beach Club or Bay Lake Towers. I would love to go at Christmas time and stay at the Wilderness Lodge.

I wish my husband loved Disney like I do but he doesn't. He dreads the thought of ever having to go back but at the same time he doesn't want the kids and I to go without him because he doesn't want to miss out on memories and experiences with them so I am kind of stuck. He knows I am planning for us to go back in 3-4 years and I am sure he is already dreading it. :sad2:

Got the kids working on him though and I am not even trying. Last night I came home and the kids were watching a Disney planning video from last year and talking about the rides they wanted to go on and kept talking to my hubby about favorite rides and remember when we did...... Pretty funny.

As for me I just keep planning and keep working on saving up the money to go.

gracer9977,

Your description of your husband sounds just like mine! He just can't understand my love for Disney and my desire to go back to WDW. He just dreads it and has no desire to go back.

I envy the people on here whose spouse/significant others share their love of Disney. It would be so fun to plan a trip together when each person is really looking forward to going to Disney.

In fact, by the end of our trip in 2009, I realized that not only does he dread going but he puts a damper on my experience. We were there for eight days in 2009 and it was just too long of a trip for him. I had decided that if I was to go again, I would probably leave him alone and go with the kids by myself.

Then along came my son's high school band trip to WDW in 2014. My DH did not want to miss seeing him march in front of the castle in MK. We actually found a compromise that works well for us. I went down four days earlier than my husband with my daughter. My son stayed behind to ride down with his band and my husband can down on a plane by himself after he saw my son off on the bus. So, my husband was only at WDW for three days and that was perfect for him. It really worked well for us! My DD and I enjoyed the parks at the beginning of the trip doing lots of things that we have wanted to do at our own pace and leisure. Then we also got to experience Disney as a family and made some fun memories together.

I loved the experience so much that I am planning our next trip much the same way.

I am planning an October 2016 vacation with my family and my 40th birthday trip for just my husband and I in 2017! I am hoping to stay at Bay Lake Towers 2016 and Fort Wilderness 2017.

Bay Lake Towers sounds fun! If I could afford it, I would like to stay there or in the Contemporary. I would also like to try the Poly one day!

Have fun planning your trips!

Had to change our Family trip date to 2017 :sad: but.... There is now a Girls Trip planned for 2016 :cool1::cheer2::cheer2::cool1:

School has complicated things a bit, but thats ok looks like an extra trip for me :yay::dance3::yay:

Had to change our Family trip date to 2017 :sad: but.... There is now a Girls Trip planned for 2016 :cool1::cheer2::cheer2::cool1: School has complicated things a bit, but thats ok looks like an extra trip for me :yay::dance3::yay:

The girls only trip in 2016 sounds fun. Who will you be going with? Daughters, sisters friends, cousins?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!