Why did the Disney Princess Enchanted Tales series fail?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I have the lone DVD Disney Princess Enchanted Tales Follow Your Dreams that featured Princess Aurora and Jasmine in new stories that taught lessons to young children and from what I learned about it from the backstory of this DVD is that it was supposed to begin a new series of Disney Princess Enchanted Tales DVDs but the second one that was supposed to have stories focusing on Cinderella and Belle and was titled A Kingdom Of Kindness but never saw a release and the only thing that exists of it was a Belle music video that featured her singing a song from the next movie. Disney Princess Enchanted Tales would've been a wonderful DVD series had it continued and I wish Disney+ could debut a new Princess cartoon similar to this DVD series because it would work wonders. Why did Disney pull the plug on this DVD series?

Probably because it received not very good reviews. It was near the end of the direct to video sequels which were by then known for not being good quality. The 2000s were not a good time for Disney, a lot of mediocre movies came out. The entire 2000s none of the new movies made over 200 million dollar, domestically, No over 200 million dollar between 1994 (Lion King) and Tangled (2010).
I am going by domestic US figures, as that seems to be what Disney bases more decisions on.

It was the time of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, the Disney Princess era was coming to an end. So in the end, it's the same as with most Disney's decisions: if you don't make money, Disney is cutting you out.

When I saw Disney Princess Enchanted Tales Follow Your Dreams I thought it was impressive and the Sleeping Beauty story was really cool but my favorite story was Jasmine's story because I related to her and I could understand why she was bored of doing the same jobs over and over again but when Jasmine rode The Sultan's horse Sahara and found him I loved that Jasmine liked horses just like me. Disney Princess Enchanted Tales would've have been more successful if Disney hadn't decided to end the DVD series

I found a story on Youtube on why the Disney Princess Enchanted Tales series failed. According to what I learned from the story on Youtube Disney simply pulled the series because of costs and money and not many people knew about Disney Princess Enchanted Tales when the first and lone DVD Follow Your Dreams debuted in stores. Another thing I learned about this series becoming short-lived was the Keys To The Kingdom Aurora story was not the actual Princess Aurora story that was originally seen in the previews and teaser trailers for the Disney Princess Enchanted Tales series. In the actual Aurora story that was supposed to be in the movie Aurora learns that it's Prince Philip's birthday and she tries to find a nice gift for him but that story was never seen again. And in Belle's story Chip runs away after Mrs. Potts scolds him over something and Belle searches for Chip. But Jasmine was not originally gonna be in Disney Princess Enchanted Tales and Mulan and Cinderella stories were gonna be put in the second volume and Cinderella's story Cinderella seemed to plan a party for the king and prince's return and the Mulan story was about Mulan's cricket getting her into trouble. The other thing is that this DVD is impossible to find and is not sold on Disney Movie Club. Disney sure had a lot of hopes for Disney Princess Enchanted Tales with merchandise such as books and dolls but it wasn't meant to be but I will say the animation is superb on this series

If Disney would develop a Disney Princess series like Disney Princess Enchanted Tales for Disney+ it would be nice but have computer animation because seeing computer animated princesses in PC games worked well for Disney and Disney should do the same with the princesses in a computer animated cartoon. Because I think the reason why Disney pulled the plug on the Enchanted Tales DVD series was simply because they thought they could've turned it into an animated cartoon series on Disney Junior

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter