Why did you buy into Riviera?

One could also look and say Caribbean Beach Resort And RIV are one large resort. They tore down a section of it to build it and they have 1,536 rooms there. The main building at CBR is a shorter walk from RIV then a lot of SSR and OKW to the main buildings and from Kidani to Jambo house. It’s not much different than what Disney did at Coronado Springs Resort building the Grand Destino Tower, they just consider that one resort.

I think that's a major stretch. To be a combined resort, you have to share many of the same amenities - restaurants, pools, lobby, shops, etc, etc. along with offering a similar level-i.e. deluxe. That is not at all the case with RIV/CBR but it is with all the others that I combined.

And yes it is close to CBR, but driving into RIV, you have no idea CBR is there, they did a very good job of making sure it doesn't look like an extension of CBR. Poly and GF are pretty darn close, are they one resort? How about Ft Wilderness and Wilderness, they are close to each other and even share a name but no one considers them one resort.

So no, one could not logically say they are one resort.

Last edited:
I think that's a major stretch. To be a combined resort, you have to share many of the same amenities - restaurants, pools, lobby, shops, etc, etc. along with offering a similar level-i.e. deluxe. That is not at all the case with RIV/CBR but it is with all the others that I combined.

And yes it is close to CBR, but driving into RIV, you have no idea CBR is there, they did a very good job of making sure it doesn't look like an extension of CBR. Poly and GF are pretty darn close, are they one resort? How about Ft Wilderness and Wilderness, they are close to each other and even share a name but no one considers them one resort.

So no, one could not logically say they are one resort.
I would compare Riviera and CBR to the Boardwalk and Swan and Dolphin. Its there. It offers some extra food places like The Fountain, iL Mulino but its just there. I don't look at the Swan and Dolphin as a plus just kind of Neutral. I don't think looking at CBR is bad at all, honestly its better than just trees off in the distance. I like the colored buildings of CBR and the Skyliner off in the distance.

So we bought into Riviera for 300 points, because we love disney, we expect to be going there (or our childrens family) for the next 50 years. We wanted Riviera because the style appeals to us over the other resorts. We also knew we wanted to be direct members. We have 3 children, so three 100 point contracts allows us to pass down direct membership to each of them. We're looking forward to being able to take our actual welcome home trip at some point, since we had to cancel our April welcome home (obviously).

So we bought into Riviera for 300 points, because we love disney, we expect to be going there (or our childrens family) for the next 50 years. We wanted Riviera because the style appeals to us over the other resorts. We also knew we wanted to be direct members. We have 3 children, so three 100 point contracts allows us to pass down direct membership to each of them. We're looking forward to being able to take our actual welcome home trip at some point, since we had to cancel our April welcome home (obviously).
I wonder if they will let us book another welcome home trip where they pull a room out of the cash side. They pulled a room for us and we lost it now(originally booked in early June but we cancelled since it wasn't looking possible)

I wonder if they will let us book another welcome home trip where they pull a room out of the cash side. They pulled a room for us and we lost it now(originally booked in early June but we cancelled since it wasn't looking possible)
I actually called and asked about this yesterday since our welcome home was canceled. They said that they could not do that again. We just booked a two bedroom at OKW instead.

Last edited:
I actually called and asked about this yesterday since our welcome home was canceled. They said that they could not do that again. We just booked at two bedroom at OKW instead.
Darn, well all I can see is check often. Availability changes by the minute! We scored a room at Copper Creek to go along with out original welcome home days so that tells you something! Copper Creek studio is one of the hardest rooms to book so just keep checking if you can!

Darn, well all I can see is check often. Availability changes by the minute! We scored a room at Copper Creek to go along with out original welcome home days so that tells you something! Copper Creek studio is one of the hardest rooms to book so just keep checking if you can!
Yeah, that’s what I’m doing. We had a value studio at AKL for the night before our May cruise and then our welcome home reservationist scheduled for after it. It’s just hard to get a full 7 night stay in a two bedroom for mid August. It’s not the end of the world, as far as I’m concerned. We will be on vacation somewhere and, even if it’s a resort only stay, I’ll still be happy and so will my kids 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter