Why do single rooms not have two beds?

please leave the couch bed open when you leave if you use it. Once when we checked in the last guest there closed the couch and when we opened it the covers and the sheets were all pulled down and messed up.
Yeah, that is what I was afraid of. Thank you for replying.

Is it true that all hotel rooms have 2 queen beds. Back in the day it was just deluxe and I think Coronodo springs. The rest were 2 double beds.
Thanks
Kerri

Is it true that all hotel rooms have 2 queen beds. Back in the day it was just deluxe and I think Coronodo springs. The rest were 2 double beds.
Thanks
Kerri
I think all but the values are two queens. Even PoP is upgrading to two queens. The only other room where I heard bed size is an issue is POR with the pirate ship boats because your feet can't hang over the edge.

Thanks
Kerri

I believe they've upgraded most to 2 queen beds.

I think all but the values are two queens. Even PoP is upgrading to two queens. The only other room where I heard bed size is an issue is POR with the pirate ship boats because your feet can't hang over the edge.
Not POR, you mean Caribbean Beach Resort in the Pirate rooms. Those are/were double beds. They may be gone now with the renovations and new construction at CBR.

Not POR, you mean Caribbean Beach Resort in the Pirate rooms. Those are/were double beds. They may be gone now with the renovations and new construction at CBR.
Sorry you are right. I have yet to stay there, and don't think I would. But thank you for the correction.

The lack of 2 beds in most studios is about differentiation. DVC is not the hotel, it is a timeshare villa. It allows them to fully differentiate between a villa and a hotel room.

The lack of 2 beds in most studios is about differentiation. DVC is not the hotel, it is a timeshare villa. It allows them to fully differentiate between a villa and a hotel room.
This I do understand, but if you look at Alauni they do have an option for a standard hotel room. Seems like they could also offer this type of room too.

This I do understand, but if you look at Alauni they do have an option for a standard hotel room. Seems like they could also offer this type of room too.
The reason for that was actually an issue in construction. There are only 8 of them, and they are hard to get. They exist by accident.

The reason for that was actually an issue in construction. There are only 8 of them, and they are hard to get. They exist by accident.
I would think supply and demand if the studios are more in demand and you can fit more in, why not add more, going forward I mean, in the new construction.

The reason the hotel units at AUL are hard to book is the low point value. You could open a DVC capsule hotel and it would book up if the points were low enough.

The reason the hotel units at AUL are hard to book is the low point value. You could open a DVC capsule hotel and it would book up if the points were low enough.
I get that, I would think that it would be a good idea to get the rooms filled, I think filling rooms are important as a lot of money is spent in the park and DVC people will fill rooms that are already empty, why not put bodies in beds and people in the park where they will spend money.

I love Disney time shares, it fills rooms and really entices people to come to the resorts more, and with the discounts. Its great. But I think it will still work for me, and I say family, but I mean my extended family. But I think it would be great to have different options like they have at Alauni, you can get one that is a regular hotel room. I think as long as Disney is filling the rooms that is what matters. I would gladly give up a microwave and some dishes for another bed.

Then it's not a timeshare, it's a hotel room. I bought a timeshare.

The studios with a bed and a sofa are booking up just fine. Those rooms are not going empty. I'm not interested in two beds in a studio. I want living space.

I travel a lot with my elderly mother and we both need our own beds so, in the past, it's always been a choice of OKW studio or a 2-bedroom. We gave Art of Animation a try on cash as I am points poor at the moment, and the pull-down bed which converts from a dining table is extremely comfortable - much more so that a sofa bed. Maybe Disney should look at putting these in a new studio and replace the usual table and chairs with a sofa?

I travel a lot with my elderly mother and we both need our own beds so, in the past, it's always been a choice of OKW studio or a 2-bedroom. We gave Art of Animation a try on cash as I am points poor at the moment, and the pull-down bed which converts from a dining table is extremely comfortable - much more so that a sofa bed. Maybe Disney should look at putting these in a new studio and replace the usual table and chairs with a sofa?
Oh that's a good idea. They do have convertible sofas that are not the fold down like the ones they have now. The problem with hide a beds are that the mattress can only be so big to fit into the sofa. My friend has an RV and the mattress is inflatable with a little padding and is so comfortable. Might be something else they can look into. The problem with the hidabeds is that the mattresses become worn down faster then normal, plus always being folded you get the folds and it weakens the mattresses and then you get that feeling like you are sleeping on a bar.

One of the problems with options is that it creates "room tetris" for booking and availability.

Because DVC operates at (for booking and practical purposes) 100% occupancy, the later you book, the less availability there will be. With more room types, your stay will get split into more an more moves if you book once availability in any given type of room tightens. So, for instance, right now if you wanted to piece a stay between now and the end of the year, you might have a one bedroom one night in one place, a studio at a different resort for the next two nights, and then be back to a one bedroom at a third resort for the last night (and you'd be really fortunate to get that). More options will mean that each room type books faster, forcing moves in order to complete a stay earlier and earlier in the booking process for more and more members.

That in turn pushes the behavior of "stalking the RAT" and waitlisting - increasing the volatility of the system and people try and piece together a complete stay where they don't need to move. Volatility increases the chance of error, error increases the chance of unhappy members.

Oh that's a good idea. They do have convertible sofas that are not the fold down like the ones they have now. The problem with hide a beds are that the mattress can only be so big to fit into the sofa. My friend has an RV and the mattress is inflatable with a little padding and is so comfortable. Might be something else they can look into. The problem with the hidabeds is that the mattresses become worn down faster then normal, plus always being folded you get the folds and it weakens the mattresses and then you get that feeling like you are sleeping on a bar.
All the mattresses on the DVC sleeper sofas and sleeper chairs are three section foam pads, not real mattresses that need to fold. The sleeper sofas and sleeper chairs fold at the seams between the sections.

All the mattresses on the DVC sleeper sofas and sleeper chairs are three section foam pads, not real mattresses that need to fold. The sleeper sofas and sleeper chairs fold at the seams between the sections.
My son slept on one at Beach Club before the renovation, and he didn't have a problem with it at all.

My son slept on one at Beach Club before the renovation, and he didn't have a problem with it at all.
Kids are a lot more resilient than older folks. My son used to sleep on them all the time. Now he is a bit pickier. But he doesn't travel with us as much any more either.

Kids are a lot more resilient than older folks. My son used to sleep on them all the time. Now he is a bit pickier. But he doesn't travel with us as much any more either.
True.

But my son is 22. Not really a kid anymore.

I will say that my husband took a nap there, and was fine as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter