Why doesn't FW have a dump station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chartle

DIS Veteran
I was going to tack this onto the Trailer in a Tent site thread but thinking it should be on its own.

Why don't they have a real dump station? I have heard they may direct you to an empty Full Hook up but why not just have one.

They can't be "If you use your tanks at all even to just brush your teeth you have to pay for a full hook up." :confused3

We have only done one full hook up in our new as of April of this year small TT. In a NY state park we just used the bath house that was maybe 50 feet behind our site. But we still used the sink to do dishes and we used the toilet at night.

So has anyone really heard anything plausible?

I think it's because their policy is no TT in the tent/pop up sites, and most pop-up and van campers do not have bathrooms or if the they do they are very small, therefore no need for sewer in those sites. If you get away with staying in the tent/pop up sites in a small TT, consider yourself lucky. I know we did a few times back a few years ago ( we had a small 21' TT and had family in tents), then one time we checked in and were told we could not stay in those sites that they were now enforcing their rule and they moved us to another loop. We have since then booked full hookups. I still see some TT in the tent/pop up sites, so I really just think they get lucky upon check in, or they did online checkin, got their site texted to them and bypassed the check in booths.

You have to remember when the Fort was built. It is essentially a WDW original. Back in 1971, "campers" were much different. I think they intended the "tent" sites to be just that, no need for sewer. Every other site had a sewer hookup, so why waste space and money on a dump station. As the Fort got busier and RVs expanded, I think the rules on who could go where have been stretched or blurred to accommodate everyone (and maximize occupancy and revenue). It was probably easy to allow a popup on a tent site, because most popups in the 70s and 80s didn't have a need for full sewer hookups. The grey tank was often a garden hose from the sink to the ground and most didn't have a real toilet/black tank.

Due to the popularity and lack of any growth in the Fort since it opened, what is considered an RV now and Fort managements reluctance to restrict what can go where, not having an actual dump station has become a problem. It did take 40+ years to get here.

j

Hmm. This is a great question. We will be in a popup, but always use the sink to wash hands etc and then need to dump the grey water.

It's interesting to see this thread as until now, I hadn't realized FW didn't have a dumping station !!!

It doesn't affect us as we've only ever stayed at full / preferred and even if we didn't, our tanks are large enough for several days but there must be a demand from campers in tent / pop-up sites and it's not a huge thing to add on the side somewhere.

My parents are considering taking their camper on a trip Fall 2019 and they were just asking me this question! I thought for sure they had a dumping station.

The answer seems rather logical to me - all sites except tent/popup loops have sewer, so if you stay in the appropriate loops, there is no need for a dump station.

The popups that normally would use portable waste receptacles would be better served getting the full hookups. That's why they have the sewer connections there.

Portable receptacles for dish washing water in tents can easily be dumped at a CS.

The answer seems rather logical to me - all sites except tent/popup loops have sewer, so if you stay in the appropriate loops, there is no need for a dump station.

But what if i think that a non full hook up site is whats appropriate for me and my small TT where I plan on using my holding tanks very little.

The Dis promotes the following of ALL WDW policies. We are not allowed to tell people how to get around them. We are not allowed to debate them. They are what they are. Right now WDW policy on partial sites is …. from WDW site.

Room for a pop-up camper or a camper van-type vehicle, and up to 2 tents.
Accommodates equipment on a concrete pad up to 10 feet by 25 feet.

Who here is telling people how to get around the rules? Did I miss something? Maybe something was deleted.

And we are not allowed to debate here? Again, I must have missed that somewhere too.

This is a forum where one can post thoughts, suggestions, and at times things they do not agree with.

There are hundreds upon hundreds of posts here that disagree/don't like/vent/ regarding Disney. From high ticket costs, to increase food prices, to a faulty fast pass system, to crowd control, you name it. Those are all debatable posts, and as far as I can see, still allowed.

The Dis promotes the following of ALL WDW policies. We are not allowed to tell people how to get around them. We are not allowed to debate them. They are what they are. Right now WDW policy on partial sites is …. from WDW site.

Room for a pop-up camper or a camper van-type vehicle, and up to 2 tents.
Accommodates equipment on a concrete pad up to 10 feet by 25 feet.

Venting about pricing is not the same as debating WDW policy. They are what WDW says they are.

It seems to me that it's Disney's Campground and they can make the rules.

But the actual issue here is what are the rules. The description sounds more like guide lines. My small TT can fit in the space they list with 3 foot on the side, I have no slide outs, and 5 feet front to back. I'm shorter than some larger pop ups.

It appears that the question(s) have been answered and some have chosen just to argue Disney's policy which we won't allow here.