Why is this man still on the streets????

Helopoh

<font color=3300FF>Who me jump??<br><font color=FF
This is not the first violent thing this man has done.

Woman burned in acid attack
By Rasheed Oluwa
Poughkeepsie Journal

PLEASANT VALLEY -- Authorities were on a countywide manhunt Wednesday for a man who allegedly doused his 22-year-old step-daughter with acid.
Robert Sioleski, 45, no known address, was on the loose Wednesday, armed with a shotgun, after he allegedly tossed acid on his step-daughter in her home at a trailer park on Country Lane in Pleasant Valley early Wednesday.

She was taken to Westchester Medical Center and treated for severe burns all over her body. She was listed in serious condition, sheriff's deputies said. They did not release the woman's name and did not say what type of acid was used in the attack.

Dutchess County Sheriff's Office responded to a report of an assault about 8:30 a.m. Sioleski, who was estranged from the woman's mother, allegedly threw the acid on her several times while she was at the rear door of the home.

Although deputies believe Sioleski had a shotgun and ammunition in his possession, they said the gun was not used during the attack.

Muffled scream heard

Neighbor Barbara Doyle said she was placing her 2-year-old daughter inside her car when she heard a loud, muffled scream come from inside the home across the street.

''At that point, I didn't know what was going on,'' she said. ''It happened so fast. When she ran out, she was soaked, like she had just left the shower.''

Doyle said she dialed 911, while the victim ran to another home for help.

Sioleski sped out of the driveway in a blue 1985 Chevrolet Astrovan with a crazed look on his face, but not before issuing one last threat toward the victim, Doyle said.

''He yelled 'Tell your mother I'm coming back for her,' '' Doyle said.

Deputies gave no indication what may have sparked Wednesday's attack.

Michael Hannon said he took the victim into his home, while his wife, a registered nursed, helped treat her until medical help came.

''She was screaming 'I'm burning, I'm burning' and 'He did this to me,' '' Hannon said. ''I kept looking at her because you couldn't figure out what was wrong. You couldn't see anything.''

By the time an ambulance arrived, Hannon said the victim had burns all over her body and parts of her face.

''It's sad,'' he said. ''She's a pretty, young girl. Something like that never goes away.''

Although some residents had seen Sioleski at the house before, no one really paid much attention to him.

A 'quiet' neighborhood

''This neighborhood is usually pretty quiet,'' said Evelyn Costello, who lives down the road from the victim. ''We pretty much know the people who live here and we've never had any problems.''

This wasn't the first time Sioleski has crossed paths with police.

In 1978, he engaged City of Poughkeepsie police in a shootout, which ended with him getting shot, Detective Lt. William Siegrist said.

In 1990, Sioleski held his 3-month-old daughter at knife point on Mansion Street in the city. The incident followed an argument he had with the baby's mother.

Police arrested him after a two-hour stand-off.

News that Sioleski was still on the loose Wednesday night did not help ease the fears of residents.

''When you have a sick guy like that, you don't know what is on his mind,'' Hannon said. ''Of course I'm worried.''

Where to call: The Dutchess County Sheriff's office describe Robert Sioleski as white, 5-feet, 7-inches tall, about 195 pounds, with brown hair and green eyes. Sioleski was last seen driving a blue, 1985 Chevrolet Astrovan with the license plate AZJ-4192. He is believed to be armed with a shotgun and dangerous. Anyone with information can contact the Dutchess County Sheriff's Office at (845) 486-3800.

In 1978, he engaged City of Poughkeepsie police in a shootout, which ended with him getting shot, Detective Lt. William Siegrist said.

And these were not clues that this man is not quite right in the head???!!!!

In 1990, Sioleski held his 3-month-old daughter at knife point on Mansion Street in the city. The incident followed an argument he had with the baby's mother.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

It irritates me to no end that these people keep getting released!That poor girl would have never been hurt if he was where he should have been.....jail!

This is terrible. I don't understand the legal system sometimes. He should still be in prison for holding his infant at knife point.

That poor young woman.

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter