Why isn't Hawaii offered?

:confused3 Maybe because they opened a Vacation Club there and would prefer if people joined the DVC instead of touring with Adventures. Just a guess, on my part.:confused3

:confused3 Maybe because they opened a Vacation Club there and would prefer if people joined the DVC instead of touring with Adventures. Just a guess, on my part.:confused3

The vacation club resort in Hawaii is a few years away from being built I think they just broke ground in September. I suspect that they didn't have a lot of interest in it, possibly because of the costs, just guessing.

From what I understand, the tours didn't sell well, and there were a lot of complaints about the itineraries from the people who went (they did pretty much everything at the resort, and did not travel around or see much of the islands beyond the resort). I was seriously looking at ABD for a Hawaiian vacation that year, and decided against it based on the thinness of the itineraries.

Hawaii is a really easy place to arrange & do on your own. I think the cost compared to what you got just didn't go over well.

That said, they had some of the same issues with the Canada itinerary, and stopped doing that tour until they could re-work it, and now it is offered again. I wonder if they will offer Hawaii again at some point...

Sayhello

I don't understand the issue with Hawaii. We did one of them in 2006 and it was great - we saw sooo much, the resorts were great but we weren't there all that much - only in the evenings. I would do it again in a heart beat.

I don't understand the issue with Hawaii. We did one of them in 2006 and it was great - we saw sooo much, the resorts were great but we weren't there all that much - only in the evenings. I would do it again in a heart beat.
That's interesting. I don't have the 2006 catalog, but in the 2005 one, most of the activities were at the resorts, and almost every day had a large chunk of the time "on your own". I'd love to see the 2006 catalog & see how the itineraries differed.

Sayhello

ETA: I mis-spoke. I checked, and I have the 2006 catalog, not the 2007 one. Very strange. I wonder if they changed the itinerary mid-stream, which might be why the catalogs no longer have detailed itineraries in them, and they point you to the website for that....

Maybe when I get a chance I can scan the detailed itinerary, and you could tell me if it matches what you actually did...

Hmmmmm....

sure - let me know if you find it. it wasn't as go,go go as say"Knights and Lights" - but I know we were off doing something everyday - with some beach time of course - but we were in Hawaii - beach time was a must:)

We also did the Hawaii trip (Oahu and the Big Island) in 2006 and really enjoyed it! Although some of the activities were at the resort, they were ones that we would not necessarily have been able to arrange for ourselves (such as feeding the stingrays, outrigger canoing with the Maui Canoe club, private luaus). There was definitely more beach time, but disney made it seem special and we did get out to see Honolulu, Pearl Harbor, Diamondhead and Volcanos national park.

I can understand how from the brochure it looked like there was not much "value" in the excursions--but we had the time of our lives and felt that the pace was perfect. I know we wouldn't have seen half of what we saw if left on our own.

Turtlemom :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter