• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why should I eat at EPCOT at night? & Where?

fairytinkerbell

<font color=purple>The music in the Disney Plannin
:rolleyes: :confused:
Never went to EPCOT at night - ever! What is the most delicious food there???
(and value, too!)

Thanx:wave:

Considering there are so many countries with sit down restaurants you're going to get a lot of replies about all of the restaurants. May I suggest looking at the menus on www.allearsnet.com while you wait for all your advice to come rolling in.

Oh, and I loved the italian restaurant Alfredo di Roma but also enjoyed the Biergarten. I didn't care much for Rose and Crown (just not my style). This time I'm trying Le Cellier and Chefs de France based on what I've read here.

I just wanted to add that Alfredo di Roma may seem a little pricey but the portions are large and you can easily split meals if you're not heavy eaters.

One of our favorites is Teppanayki in Japan where they cook the food in front of you. The show is enjoyable, the food is not heavy and delicious.

Our family really likes Le Cellier and Rose and Crown. Depending on how much you eat you could probably share an entree. If you do Le Cellier, try the Cheese soup and pretzel bread! YUMMMMYYYY!

I agree about the cheese soup and pretzel bread from LeCellier, the mushroom wa also delicious. Of the counter service the Cantina by Mexico has excellent nachos and Harry's by the Rose and Crown has excellent fish and chips. Happy eating.

Why to do Epcot at night?

If you go in the off seasons, the other parks close early - Epcot World Showcase is always open until 9

Illuminations

World Showcase doens't bother to open until noon.

A big variety in restaurants.

Value is tough. We thought Le Cellier had really good steak and fairly reasonable prices considering its a steak restaurant in a theme park. The sushi at Matsunoma lounge is downright reasonable compared to our local sushi restaurants. The Morroccan Feasts are a reasoably good value. Big eaters will like the Biergarten's buffet - pricey if you'd normally just eat a small meal, but a value if feeding teenage boys.

You can also counter service your way through - brats, burritos, egg rolls.

Epcot at night -

Have to agree with crisi that Illuminations is reason enough to be in Epcot at night, whether or not you eat there. But eating there is one of the joys of WS, and Le Cellier gets our vote. You could also walk, or boat ride, through the International Gateway to the Boardwalk area and take advantage of all the dining choices around Crescent Lake. Have a great time!!! Bob

fairytinkerbell, You've NEVER seen IllumiNations? So sad!:(

Please, stay in Epcot for IllumiNations! The food in World Showcase is so good, we could eat there every night for a week and not hit all the places we love! We especially love Morocco and Biergarten because they are "different" from what we can easily find at home. Or just grab some counter service anywhere and watch IllumiNations! (Incidentally, friends of mine ate lunch at Tangierine Cafe (Morocco) yesterday, and loved it so much, they went BACK for dinner! Excellent food and great value.) And they LOVED IllumiNations, which is seriously one of the best attractions WDW has to offer.

Did I mention you'd like IllumiNations? It's good!:sunny:

I was in a rush when I posted that, I wanted to expound some more on the wonder that is evenings at Epcot....

To me, MK and AK are morning parks. Even in busy season, AK has short hours - and MK has short hours most nights when we travel.

We are an early rising family (well, my son and I are and we aren't letting DH and DD sleep in - not that she would at Disney!), so we hit the parks first thing. We do our mornings at the other parks and are out of there by 1:00 - getting most stuff accomplished between opening and 11:00. If we are coming from MK, we monorail to Epcot, and catch a few rides before going home to BWV.

Then we spend a few hours in the pool.

Then we go in search of dinner. Many of our favorite restaurants are here. We have plenty of time for a few rides each evening before or after dinner. My husband or I will catch Illuminations while the other spouse takes tired children back to bed.

Definately hit Le Cellier for the cheese soup, pretzel bread and the steak's good too. My husband loved the cheese soup recipe so much, he asked for it. Its now on his website (cheesesoup.com).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter