Why was Vin Diesel chosen to do Groot's voice in the Guardians Of The Galaxy movies?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I have never figured out why Vin Diesel was chosen to provide Groot's voice for Guardians Of The Galaxy? Because when I hear Baby Groot speak I can't believe that the voice is Vin Diesel's and they should've had Frank Welker do Baby Groot's voice and had Vin Diesel do teenage Groot's voice later on. Did they speed Vin's voice up to make Baby Groot sound cute? I think that they chose him because he could have talent in cartoons because I didn't even realize Groot's voice belonged to Vin Diesel

Well, I think it's jsut because they wanted a very deep voice and also that Vin is actually a fan and wanted to do something in superhero movies. He's actually a big nerd - he made a movie based on his own Dungeons and Dragons character! I'd love to play D&D with Vin.

It's not really all that strange. Does Bradley Cooper's Rocket sound anything like his normal voice?

And his voice was minimally processed. He can do it all by himself.

Vin Diesel also did the Spanish Portuguese and French voices for Groot as well. When I heard Vin Diesel do Groot's voice I developed a crush on Vin and thought he was really cool at doing Groot's voice. Vin Diesel also has started a singing career and his first single is great and my plush Groot dances to it every morning

Vin Diesel says it was because he didn't have time in his schedule for a larger Marvel role, so Gunn pitched him the idea of voice-over work.

But I also believe it is, in part, because of this Vin Diesel VO performance...
009784_1280x720_38372_094.jpg

I always laugh when teenage Groot shouts "I AM GROOT" in his loud voice and I couldn't believe that Vin Diesel perfected that loud pitch so well and I think Vin should do more voiceovers for cartoons but you have to admit no one could do Groot like Vin Diesel can

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter