bellaally

DIS Veteran
Greetings to all my fellow winos, lushes, drunkards, connoisseurs, and aficionados. I promise I am not a souse, just a little saucey :P:P:D . My name is Alexandra (you can call me Ally). I am beyond excited to be just 83 days away from the most epic trip I have ever imagined to plan. Before I get ahead of myself and into giving you all the dirty details, let me tell you a bit about myself and how it all began.....

I am your typical east coast NYC big city girl, relocated to Philadelphia I am happily married to my prince charming Jesse and we have two young boys Jordan and Nicholas(5,6 year olds). I know what you guys must be thinking did she just talk about her family, but doesn’t the title say “Solo”. It sure does :ssst: and before you light the torches and polish the pitch forks (I’m a great mom really I am). This is how my family trip turned into an epic solo trip. .....

Now my birthday is in December; Christmas day to be exact. We were planning on a family vacation for Christmas. I really wanted to spend 2 weeks at Disney, I mean who wouldn’t right!. Than once I began to plan and actually look at the crowd calendars and prices, I made a very selfless and mature decision..... No Disney for us:confused3, it was super expensive and not too mention the mob like crowds defending upon the parks during this time. Also my husband likes Disney(he LOVES me really) but he also loves being lazy and sleeping in on vacations (thats the number one things you don’t do at Disney).

:offtopic: I priced out a Cruise leaving from NYC a week before Christmas and a hotel we will staying till Christmas Day in Manhattan. My sister still lives in Brooklyn so we will spend Christmas Day at their house. All in all great plans, actually fantastic plans I mean a Bahamian cruise( and I scored the all you care to drink alcohol wise package) and Christmas in NYC!!!!! AND DID I MENTION ALL OF THIS IS 60% CHEAPER THAN GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!!!! After paying everything off and pushing all the wonderful Disney planning things out of my head.My Jesse knew something was off though. He told me “Go to Disney, it will be my treat, have a drink on me!” :rainbow::rainbow:

Then I died and exploded into a million pieces of confettipixiedust:.

That brings us back here. A forewarning this will be my last trip for two years! I am going back to school full time and I have to cut my hours as a nurse and only work weekends. So with that being said I am going out with a bang!!!:jumping1:

So lets get down to Business..... to defeat the huns :dancer:

When am I going? I had to look at my school schedule and the kids schedule so that it will not be hard on my husband(don’t feel too bad for him, my mom is going to help him while I am gone) I have always wanted to run and complete a RunDisney race. Why not one that combines my favorite things in the world; the wine and dine race weekend!! So I decided November 2-6th, a long weekend!!!

Some Faves
Name: Alexandra
Favorite Park: Animal Kingdom
Favorite Ride: Expedition Everest
Favorite Snack: Dole Whip / School Bread (don’t make me choose)
Favorite Drink:Cava De Tequila Cucumber Margarita
Favorite Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Favorite Nighttime Show: Christmas Wishes
Favorite Pixar Movie: Toy Story 3
Favorite Disney Movie:The Nightmare Before Christmas
Favorite Princess:The Little Mermaid
Favorite Fab Five: Mickey
Disney Must Buy: Pins, Minnie Ears

Last edited:
Joining in...headed down the same time solo...and I am all about both the drinking and the running!

Once upon a time(in March), when I was dreaming about my Wine and Dine Race Weekend Vacation. I though since Im going solo I will be saving money on flights and park tickets; maybe I can splurge a little on my home away from home. The Question than was where do I want to stay?

So as mentioned before I love Animal Kingdom Lodge. I mean you walk into Jambo house lobby and are amazed. Its all about the littlest details that make Disney so magical.

I actually love the pool view in AKL!!:beach:

Here is my prince waiting for me on a bridge :jumping1:

But We are not staying here...sorry as lovely as it is and secluded from everywhere else which it is......IT IS SECLUDED FROM EVERYTHING. I didn’t want to waste time with transportation since I don’t think I will be renting a car this time(don’t rule it out yet)

My second favorite Resort is Old Key West it is so charming

Don’t you guys think so.....:love:

Same problem as AKL too far away........ So Where am I staying?

Without farther a due
Ma chere Mademoiselle, it is with deepest pride
and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight.
And now we invite you to relax, let us pull up a
chair as we proudly presents -
your dine.....hm Resort!

Breathtaking!

Anyone care to join me for a drink!

(these boardwalk pictures are not my pictures, unfortunately as this will be the first time staying at this resort. I am looking forward to taking my own pictures! Photo Credit: Disneyworld.com)

I rented points from a friend and was so excited to hear that Boardwalk Villas were still available in April. It was between this or Beach Club, I decided against Beach Club because I know they have one of the best themed pools EVER!!! Storm-along Bay. I decide to save that resort for a next-time visit with the boys.

I also picked it because of the Boardwalk and all of the Adult things to do like Jellyrolls, Abracada-bar, Atlantic Dance Hall. Also it is close to EPCOT for Food and Wine, as well a Resort home for the Wine and Dine races.Plus its like my whole childhood. BWV is reminiscent of Coney Island’s Boardwalk! As a girl from Brooklyn, nothing screams summer like Coney Island!

I am really excited Boardwalk Villas !!

Joining in...headed down the same time solo...and I am all about both the drinking and the running!

Hey, thanks for joining at least I'm not talking to myself lol. What race did you sign up for? I'm actually a bit nervous about going solo but I love Disney world so any chance to go should be a fantastic time.

Currently I am sidelined due to injury at last years wine & dine...or occurred as a result of training for it. Darn runDisney keeps tempting me to break doctors orders by releasing more bibs for the races. Darn them...

Love your resort choice! The last part of my solo trip DH is joining me before we cruise for a couple nights at BWI. We loved BW DVC with our kids a couple of years ago. And you can't beat the location.

I am totally pumped about being alone...I know that sounds totally crazy but every trip has ended up catering to others...this time around it is ALL ABOUT ME.

Currently I am sidelined due to injury at last years wine & dine...or occurred as a result of training for it. Darn runDisney keeps tempting me to break doctors orders by releasing more bibs for the races. Darn them...

Love your resort choice! The last part of my solo trip DH is joining me before we cruise for a couple nights at BWI. We loved BW DVC with our kids a couple of years ago. And you can't beat the location.

I am totally pumped about being alone...I know that sounds totally crazy but every trip has ended up catering to others...this time around it is ALL ABOUT ME.

I am excited because I am such a rope drop, early bird can't sleep at disney type of girl and my boys are all lazy and they want to sleep in. I really want to plan and get everything I want to see especially Pandora, as the last time I went was September 2016 and it was not open yet. I hear there is always a line but we will see. BWI so we will be neighbors!! I see Halloween things in the stores already and feel like a little kid inside lol.

Hey! Jersey girl here!! I am going down for Wine and Dine half too!! And staying at Boardwalk. Can't wait to follow along!! :-)

The update where I add a day and call it saving money
2prwswg.jpg

I have been browsing flights for a while now. The prices were so astronomical it was kind of ridiculous. I was going to purchase a cheaper flight with spirit or frontier which is great if you want to save money. Except that I feel like they nickel and dime you and after paying for all the extras its pretty much the same price as all the other airlines.

Plus none of the times are ever perfect their cheapest flights are the latest arriving and earliest departing. Thats a lot of valuable missed time.
I was looking at my beloved southwest and found my perfect flight and it was about $250 cheaper than any other airlines. I love SouthWest and have never had a problem with them. I also love their 2 checked bags free policy(thats a lot of room for souvenirs).
My flight will be leaving November 1st at 5:30am and arriving in Orlando at 7:30am. Even better news my return flight leaves November 6th at 10pm, so thats like 2 whole days at Disney!!:flower1:

I do need to now add another resort because BWV is sold out, but I was able to get a fall discount and was going to get a cheap room at All Star Movies because I have never stayed there and I would like to experience all the resorts in WDW.

Than I saw PoP Century was the best deal and I love the new refurbishments. They remind me of the Contemporary Resort also a little Art Deco.

( courtesy of easywdw)

Since I’m going to be there on November 1st I might as well attend the last Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!!!!:hmghost::hmghost::hmghost::hmghost:

(courtesy of wdwshutterbug)

I did actually attend the very first party last year 2016 with my cousin Ashley and it was disappointing to say the least. I decided to give it another go especially now that I can do what I really want. princess:princess:

So it looks like November 1st is going to be a very long day!Im ready :tink:

Joining in! Looking forward to hearing about your W&D race weekend since that's the one race series at WDW that I've yet to do.
If you don't mind me asking, what was your disappointment with the h'ween party? I'm thinking about it for early October.

Joining in! Looking forward to hearing about your W&D race weekend since that's the one race series at WDW that I've yet to do.
If you don't mind me asking, what was your disappointment with the h'ween party? I'm thinking about it for early October.

Yay!!! Thanks for joining in! In 2016 when WDW released their MNSSHP, with an earlier party date than usual, it was for the 2nd of September . So my cousin and I were excited because we could attend the party while down there. Never Attend a party on the first night EVER! We did do some research on all the parties in the past. I have also been to other parties like the Christmas one so I knew (thought I knew) the basics. We get to the party early my cousin and I ate at BOG and then went on a few fast pass rides. I really wanted to meet Jack and Sally. So we headed past fantasyland to Storybook Circus. There was a super long line so I ask what everyone was in line for? They told me MNSSHP merchandise and this like was 300 people at 5:30pm. I asked about the meet and greet for Jack and Sally and was told they moved them to the gazebo where Tiana does her meet and greets. We head over there and it was a never ending line and what was worst, they were already meeting guest and it was only 5:50. The line was at least three hours long and we decided to bail. That was the theme for the night long lines for candy, for shows. I wanted to watch the Hocus Pocus Spectacular Show(90's baby) and the first one was crowded we were far back. I told my cousin we will wait for everyone to clear for the next show. They didn't clear at all or move an inch. My cousin did add a lot to the aggravation to my situation she kept complaining about everything(her feet, the humidity, her costume ). I do want to add I paid for both tickets as a birthday gift for her. She said she was really hungry and need to eat ASAP. I found a table outside caseys with a view of the castle by this time my phone had died. She said it was too hot she wanted to eat inside. I agreed because it was super humid and guess what. .....When we sat down and started to eat Wishes started up. We couldn't see anything. She got up right away and ran outside. I couldn't leave our stuff so I just sat their muttering to myself lol. I look back and laugh though. The parade was great and the show from our view in the back. We did manage to get plenty of candy. What saved the night was finding a zero light up popcorn bucket from 2015 and I got the last one! Funny story my cousin asked for one too and they told her that was the last one. She began to pout and complain and drag herself not talking in other words she was pissed. I had to find a head cast member they are easy to spot earbuds dressed nicely and ask if there was any available anywhere. After he sent other CMs scrambling to find them at other popcorn stations. He was the one that told me they made a mistake and that mine was from last year and it was the last one! I asked kindly if we could buy the display one that was on the popcorn cart. He than went behind the cart got a bag of popcorn and the bucket and gave it to me saying it's on the mouse Happy Halloween. This was the best experience ever and why I love Disney! I was never expecting anything free and was very thankful. I kind of walked away and shoved it at my cousin like please change your attitude this is my happy place. Btw my cousin was 24 yrs old at the time because reading this back it sounds like she was a kid(she sure was acting like one). I have learned and I will go back and make the best of it SOLO this time lol.
Yay for good flights and 2 more days at Disney!

I am excited and really trying to make it work. I am nervous because it's craziness with it being Halloween the night before and I'm going to be out with my kids. Get home get some sleep wake up at 3:30 AM to be at the airport early for my 5:30 AM flight. I can sleep on the plane right than I wanted to go to AK maybe see pandora , head back to my room nap and get to MK by 3:30 stay till the kiss goodnight! I was also tempted to sign up for the half it's still available(crazy right), but walking up early and adding all that running to my legs will take away from my time at the parks and since I won't be back till 2019, I choose the parks!

Last edited:
ARRIVAL DAY PLANS PART 1

200.gif

I know I ave not updated in a while I’m sorry lol. I am super busy at work but I remind myself I have to find time to plan because fastpass reservations will be coming up before I realize. I am normally a rope dropper, I like to get in and ride as many rides as quickly as possible than relax and people watch as the millions of sleepy head make their way into the parks. That’s why I’m so excited about this trip from sun up to sundown at a Disney park. My arrival day is Wednesday November 1. Although I am super excited to have added this extra day, it’s gonna to be bananas!
giphy.gif

So the night before I leave is Halloween and I will be walking all over south Philadelphia filling up the boys bags with candy. I feel like maybe staying home getting them candy and making it an evening in, but I have to take the boys trick or treating. The candy taste better when you work for it, its a fact. Anyway everything has to be packed and ready the day before. My flight leaves at 5:30 am, so I have to arrive at the airport at 3:30 am.
giphy.gif

There isn't really a large crowd at Philadelphia International Airport early in the morning. I will probably use uber as my husband works 11-7am, if I find a group on to park my car cheap; I might save the money and just drive myself and park at the airport. I will use the time on the flight to sleep. I am planning to take advantage of Disney’s Magical Express. I might also rent a car depending on a last minute deal; for now I will stick with DME. I am hoping keeping my fingers cross that we will land early in MCO, then leave right away on ME and get to POP Century no later than 9:30 am. If all else goes according to plan I can be in Animal Kingdom no later than 10am. I am sort of hoping for a deal; I much rather have a car with such a short stay. I can get around faster and fit in more park time.

Moving forward to Animal Kingdom, I will probably be hungry. I wanna try some new things at Pandora but I thought I might go with an old favorite.These ribs are amazing and after this I might not eat again!

I love Flame Tree BBQ, I plan to eat mostly quick service this trip since time is limited. I want to experience most of pandora but am planning to come back to AK during the evening. If I get there later and its packed I will just tour regularly and come back to rope drop pandora. I plan to stay at animal Kingdom till 1pm and head back for a nap and to get ready for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.

ATTRACTIONS at Animal Kingdom :
*EXPEDITION EVEREST
*DINOSAUR
*KILAMINJARO SAFARI
*FINDING NEMO
*NAVI RIVER

TREATS TO EAT at Animal Kingdom
*CHIA TEA SLUSHY
*PASSION FRUIT,OJ, GUAVA SLUSHY

Arrival Day Part 2
images

I have been thinking really long about whether to dress up in a costume or just wear a halloween shirt and some Mickey lantern ears I bought at the party last year... I am dressing up as Donald Duck for the Wine and Dine 10k so I also wanted to save some money on the MNSSHP. I think I found the perfect costume.....
images

Roxanne from A Goofy Movie! I use to love this movie as a kid. Its pretty simple just a green t-shirt, blue jean bermuda shorts, a wig ,and some make up. Plus It will be hot and I will be cool.

images

I plan on arriving at Magic Kingdom around 3-3:30pm. I have a park hopper ticket anyway and it will just be easier to avoid the party crowd trying to get in. This just means I will have to get my band and bag inside closer to when the party starts. If any of the rides are short I will be riding them pre party. I want to focus on the shows and fireworks this trip.
Before all that starts I will have the #1 priority meet and greet.

images

Last year they started greeting guest at 5:00pm. Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my most favorite movies, I need to meet them this year. At 4pm I will pass by the gazebo where they meet to see if there is any sort of line. Disney Parks Blog is the best source when it comes to news about MNSSHP and generally all the events so they did release merchandise pictures about a week ago! I am also looking forward to some shopping!

images

On the top of my list, because I can’t buy it all is the MNSSHP Pin , the Hocus Pocus Snow-globe,Probably a t-shirt too. You know one can’t have too many Disney t-shirts or pins!

images

Disney Parks Blog also posted some special Halloween treats available.I love sweets especially chocolate! but than again who does right!Now I know they will probably be super expensive so I will see the lines. So far Im leaning towards the Pumpkin Cheesecake Dome with a graham cracker streusel base, orange white chocolate glaze and a white chocolate Mickey can be found at Main Street Bakery YUM!!!!

images

These look interesting but they really don’t appeal to me as much as I love chocolate. They are chocolate tarts all filled different and are going to be sold separately ....like totally separate guest are going to have to track them down as every service place will have a different flavor!

images

At Sleepy Hallow Jack gets his own dessert a vanilla panna cotta, chocolate cake, vanilla buttercream, white chocolate and dark chocolate crisp pearls, dark chocolate curls and a white chocolate Jack Skellington.

images

I don’t think I have to say too much about this gem, which is on y list as well. I mean who wouldn’t love a cinnamon roll shaped like Mickey with tons of extra frosting in color orange to celebrate Halloween.

images

I might skip the roll for these bad boys...... Pumpkin flavored Mickey Waffle Sundae if I find them!

images

Not to mention my Dole Whip Float a tradition on MK days! I don’t know where all this food is going to fit, my eyes are definitely bigger than my stomach.​

You had me at the pumpkin dome...I am so jealous of all those fun treats. I love the Pumpkin Sundae...not to hard to find at Sleepy Hollow.

I am anxiously awaiting the release of the Christmas Party food, lol.

Just stumbled onto your PTR. Love the title :) I will be doing my first runDisney events over marathon weekend. I'm signed up for the 5K and 10K. I've always wanted to stay at the Boardwalk--looks so beautiful at night!!

As a school teacher, it's so hard for me to squeeze in a trip during the Fall, but I hope someday I'll get to experience MNSSHP!! Love your idea of a Roxanne costume :)

Just stumbled onto your PTR. Love the title :) I will be doing my first runDisney events over marathon weekend. I'm signed up for the 5K and 10K. I've always wanted to stay at the Boardwalk--looks so beautiful at night!!

As a school teacher, it's so hard for me to squeeze in a trip during the Fall, but I hope someday I'll get to experience MNSSHP!! Love your idea of a Roxanne costume :)
Are you going don solo or with family. I was going to bring my boys and hubby but he didn’t want them missing school, I was gonna sign up for the 5k but it was sold out. I just got my bib waiver and it tells you what corral placement for the 10k.I got E, which gives me time to get pictures in. What corral are you in. Do you have a racing outfit? I am like 20 days away and don’t know if I want one or not.

Are you going don solo or with family. I was going to bring my boys and hubby but he didn’t want them missing school, I was gonna sign up for the 5k but it was sold out. I just got my bib waiver and it tells you what corral placement for the 10k.I got E, which gives me time to get pictures in. What corral are you in. Do you have a racing outfit? I am like 20 days away and don’t know if I want one or not.

I'm running solo, but my husband is joining me on the trip :) We're leaving our son at home with his grandparents, but I don't feel TOO guilty about it because he got to spend 12 days in Disney last Christmas.

I haven't gotten my corral assignment yet because I'm not running until marathon weekend in January. E sounds like a good place to start from though!!

I am dressing as Baymax for the 5K and Buzz Lightyear for the 10K...still putting them together, but hopefully it all works out :)

I'm running solo, but my husband is joining me on the trip :) We're leaving our son at home with his grandparents, but I don't feel TOO guilty about it because he got to spend 12 days in Disney last Christmas.

I haven't gotten my corral assignment yet because I'm not running until marathon weekend in January. E sounds like a good place to start from though!!

I am dressing as Baymax for the 5K and Buzz Lightyear for the 10K...still putting them together, but hopefully it all works out :)
I am so last minute I have to order my stuff by tomorrow to make sure it gets to me on time lol. I was actually thinking of doing a disneyland half marathon but i just heard they canceled all there races over there till they are finished with renovations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter