Wild Africa Trek - Photography Question

AuroraRose22

Figment of my Imagination
I've been debating booking the Wild Africa Trek Tour.

I have two questions for those who have done it...

1. I've seen a couple reviews online that say if you have a camera with a neck strap, that fulfills the 'attach to vest' rule. I have a Sony bridge camera with a great zoom, but it's pretty large and I wear it on a strap around my neck (or as a shoulder strap) normally. I'm wondering if anyone can confirm if that would be allowed?

2. Do I actually really need the camera? It would just be me on the tour, so I wouldn't be concerned about missing out on candid shots of other members of my group. What kind of quality are the photos provided by the photopass photographers? Do they take lots of pictures? During the entirety of the tour?

If it's not a problem to bring it, I would rather take it. But if it's going to be an issue, is what's included in the tour sufficient?

Thanks to anyone who can add in their thoughts!

I did the tour in March and was solo. I only had an iPhone which they made sure to attach with a strap. Some other people on the tour did have a large camera with a neck strap which worked fine.

For photos, they do take plenty and if you see something you particularly want a shot of, you can just ask. They did solo photos (or of your group) at the hippo and crocodile overlooks, on the bridges, and at the food stop. And they did a couple on the safari truck.

I’d say go ahead and take it. I liked taking my own photos as well as some videos.

Awesome! Thank you, I was hoping that would be the case. I'm thinking this may be the tour to choose for my next trip!

I did the tour in March and was solo. I only had an iPhone which they made sure to attach with a strap. Some other people on the tour did have a large camera with a neck strap which worked fine.

For photos, they do take plenty and if you see something you particularly want a shot of, you can just ask. They did solo photos (or of your group) at the hippo and crocodile overlooks, on the bridges, and at the food stop. And they did a couple on the safari truck.

I’d say go ahead and take it. I liked taking my own photos as well as some videos.

So you can take your phone with you for pictures, and they have a way to strap it to the vest? I was thinking of doing this tour and that was one of my concerns.

So you can take your phone with you for pictures, and they have a way to strap it to the vest? I was thinking of doing this tour and that was one of my concerns.
You need to make sure you have a way for them to loop a strap thru part of the phone to secure it. So I had a case and they were able to loop it thru the case opening for the power connector. If you don’t have a case or something like that, they may make you leave it in the locker.

Honestly, the photos are so good I am happy we did not bring a camera or phone. They have CM stationed at all the best spots to take photos so you can focus on what is in front of you.

If you do bring a camera please make sure it already comes with a strap. The straps they provided for the sunglasses was not very secure. My sunglasses ended up sliding off and breaking near the hippo section. ( That is during the beginning of the tour and I had no sunglasses for the rest of the tour. :worried:)

You need to make sure you have a way for them to loop a strap thru part of the phone to secure it. So I had a case and they were able to loop it thru the case opening for the power connector. If you don’t have a case or something like that, they may make you leave it in the locker.

Sounds like that will work for me too, I have a case with openings for the power cable and headphones and such. I probably will rely on their photographers instead (I'll be solo), but I'd like to have the option of taking my own photos if it's something important to me. :)

I was very happy with the shots they took. I didn't miss not having my camera with me.

Sounds like that will work for me too, I have a case with openings for the power cable and headphones and such. I probably will rely on their photographers instead (I'll be solo), but I'd like to have the option of taking my own photos if it's something important to me. :)
One thing I did like doing was taking a photo on the bridges. A hippo swam-walked right underneath me, so I have a photo of my feet and the bridge and hippo beneath! And of course videos, since the male hippos both came over for snacks, so I have videos of them eating, as well as baby Stella prancing around the water's edge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter