Will Disney expand the fort?

I know most people plan their trips in advance but we live up in the JAX area and wanted to take a weekend to the fort and it was BOOKED!!!

Do you think Disney will ever expand the fort into the unused areas around it instead of turning people away.

I used to say no but now that the 600 loop is being expanded I'm not so sure. There's still a lot of room left to expand but will they destroy more trees and make more roads to do so is anybody's guess. A lot of people think the coast of Bay Lake between the WL and River Country could be in the works but that's rumor. IMO, to build more sites at the fort would take away from the woodsy feel and I hope no expansion is in the works. The area they tore up for the 600 loop was very nice before, now it's just more future concrete.

are you still going at the end of the month?

did you get your golf cart done?

Yup, We will be there on the 28th with the cart in the back of the truck.

I used to say no but now that the 600 loop is being expanded I'm not so sure. There's still a lot of room left to expand but will they destroy more trees and make more roads to do so is anybody's guess. A lot of people think the coast of Bay Lake between the WL and River Country could be in the works but that's rumor. IMO, to build more sites at the fort would take away from the woodsy feel and I hope no expansion is in the works. The area they tore up for the 600 loop was very nice before, now it's just more future concrete.

I love the woods feel. I wouldn't want to add more spot to the current loops but maybe expand the fort towards the west a little, but then again I could just stop tring to go on the spur of the moment. :rotfl2:

Yeah, going at the last minute seems to be a thing of the past. I have heard people say they just drove up and were assigned a site but if they call CRO they were told they were full. Leads me to believe they do hold some sites for drive ups. Of course I wouldn't drive from here to find out lol but if I lived within 45 minutes I might.

For them, it's better to have a continual full house. I remember the days you could drive up at any given time (Christmas & Tksgvg included) and get right in. Then, they would stick notes on your camper offering to extend your stay. That all changed after 9/11 & people decided it was safer to travel by ground & cheaper to camp.

I live in an RV community, and there are for sale signs on lots, houses, and MH's all over the place. There is a huge auto auction company 5 miles from my house that's full of all kinds of RV's and boats. People are letting go of the unnecessary items, just to be able to hold on to what's necessary. Therefore, I forsee Ft.W ressies dropping severely withing the next year or so. There's really no incentive for them to expand the campground. JMHO.

I know most people plan their trips in advance but we live up in the JAX area and wanted to take a weekend to the fort and it was BOOKED!!!

Did you check and see if school was out that weekend? I keep a link to our public school and check it when I try to make ressies, even last minute. My DD's go to private catholic school and I have found when they are out of school, most other private schools in Fl are also out. For example, today my DD's school is closed, public school is open, but all the other private schools are closed today. Just a thought for future plans.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter