• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will I have enough snack credits?

DisneyWorldWisher

DIS Veteran
There are so many delicious looking snacks...Mickey Bar, Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich, Dole Whip, Chocolate Chip Cookie from Main Street Bakery....will I have enough snack credits? :confused3

You receive one snack credit for each night you are staying at Disney.

So if you're staying for one night... no! You won't have enough credits!

If you're staying for 10 nights, you'll have more than enough!

If you run out of snack credits, you can always just use your cash...

Probably not =) We are planning to always budget a little more for OOP things like extra snacks and drinks, alcohol, and extra tips =)

We had more than enough and left over! I did not believe it myself, but we just could not eat or drink enough food to keep up with dining plan- we took home rice krispy treats with left over snack points!\

Esp if you fill your bottles or cups up with water b/f you leave for parks you will be fine!

Of course if you do run out of snack credits there's always cash. :goodvibes

We had plenty of snack credits--many snacks are big enough for more than one person. Examples are the full boxes of donuts or cookies at the marketplace in the resorts, the pastries at the Kringla bakery, etc. I guess, in fairness, we did the mug plan at the resort, so we didn't use the snack credits for endless drinks. We took home some snack goodies.

We're planning on bringing our own bottles of water and energy drinks with us so we don't waste snack credits on sodas and things! There are way too many goodies that we're looking forward to! All we've been able to talk about since booking our trip yesterday is DOLE WHIPS!

We had plenty of snack credits for our 8 days. We never used them to get water or drinks as we carried our Britta bottles and we had resort refillable mugs for mornings and nights.

We normally used 1 snack credit in the morning to get some donuts or something sweet to eat with our morning coffee in our mugs. We would get 2 snacks in the afternoons and share them among the 4 of us. If we got more than that we could not finish them or we would spoil our appetites for dinner.

We had credits left on our last day and we got a few rice crispie treats to take one the plane and several of the dark chocolate mint truffle squares that we brought home. YUM YUM! :banana:

We ate a meal at the PC on CS credits on our last day there and used the bottled sodas to take to the airport with us and again used our refillable mugs for the beverage for lunch.

We have not used the dining plan yet, but I’m positive that we won’t have enough credits – we have 4 adults and 2 children (ages 5 and 2). I will most likely have to give up my snack credits for my dd2 – when bubby has a treat, she’s going to expect one as well. Also, one snack credit a day for my dh will not be enough – he always purchases several bottles of water and/or pop a day. We will mentally “pool” the credits for me, dh and ds5 – once they are gone, then we start paying for our snacks. The credits for my dd22 and her df22 will be theirs to use and they can purchase extra snacks for themselves as needed.

We had to scramble the last day to use up the snack credits since we were so full on the dining plan, but I pulled it off. Knowing what I know now(didn't learn about the snack credit changes until day 4 of the trip, I don't think that will happen next time as I can always find room for a snack, especially since there's so much I want to try. I think a lot of people tend to forget they have a snack credit available. They just don't think about using them.

I think you will, because we found that with the large amount of food you get on the dining plan, you simply don't have room for an additional dessert/snack item during the day. In 8 days of the DDP, we generally used CS credits for lunch and TS credits for dinner. 4 of us typically shared 2 yoghurt parfaits from the BCV store for breakfast (so 2 snack credits used) and then used the other credits for water. We had 6 left over for our group on the last day, and we stocked up on water and snacks for the plane.

With the DDP, you are getting a huge lunch with dessert, and then 5-6 hours later, a huge dinner with appetizer and dessert. So it becomes, how much can you eat?? ARound 4 or 5 p.m., I might have considered an ice cream bar or something, if I didn't have a TS reservation for that night, but since we always did, we saved our appetites. And given that we "rolled" out of the restaurant each night, getting more dessert items after dinner was out of the question.

One thing to consider is having 1 or 2 people in your party order the large bottled water as their drink for the CS, then you have it to carry around with you. 2 people can order the LARGE sodas, which are more than enough to share. THey are HUGE. That's what we did, and therefore didn't have to burn all of our snack credits on waters.

For us it will depend on if the "new snacks" stay or were just a test. If they stay we may actually run out of snack credits or at least use them all up. If it is just what is listed on the brochure then we will have many left over and a good number of OOP snacks! No biggie the nieces and nephews like Mickey rice crispie treats and I can use the credits for these. I'm hoping the new items that are covered remain only because many are what we usually snack on--bakery, smoothies, icees, and of course Dole Whip.

We have always had plenty of snack credits in the past but now with the new changes, I think we will run out a bit sooner;)

We plan on getting the refillable mugs, and getting a case of water for the room. At the parks I am thinking we will pay of waters and sodas and use the snack credits for yummy stuff. :thumbsup2 IF we do have any left I will just HAVE to get mickey rice krispy treats for the ride home! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter