Will new castle colors have an effect?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Will the new castle colors make some brides reconsider a wedding and pics in the Magic Kingdom?

I would certainly think that it could! I've heard more negative opinions on the castle change than positive. When someone is thinking about the photos they'll have for the rest of their life, I would certainly think they may reconsider if the castle change wasn't what they had always dreamed of! However, I suppose some brides may adore the change and will push to make wedding in front of the castle happen. I'm very curious to see how the change affects wedding decisions!

I can't really decided if I like it or not. I see it sometimes with having blue tops and then another pic it looks like purple tops. And the pink? I think it will be a have to see in person deal for me first.

It somewhat changed my mind on having a park shoot there. I was content with just doing Epcot and thought i might as well do a MK shoot but now I don't think that blue will match my color scheme / wedding photos. I love the pink and think its still beautiful but I am not sure yet.

Personally, I'm not keen on the pink, but in fairness, I've only seen pictures. Time will tell once I see it in person.

My castle in Disneyland Paris has always been pink. I always thought the castle in Magic Kingdom looked a bit boring ;-)

I think it won't make a difference in the amount of brides who want to do castle pictures. I think for most, it's the castle that matters, not the color. For your color scheme, I don't think it'll matter much if you have a photoshoot outside of summer. Only during the summer season, during the morning hours meant for the photoshoots there will be enough light to show off the pink. I think if you have a shoot in Spring, Autumn or Winter what you will notice most are the lights.

In a year or so everyone is used to it.

I got married in October 2001. If the rules are the same, I was in the MK at 5 am for our photo shoot. It was still dark and a bit chilly at the hour. The castle had all the lighting on it.

I seen some very recent photos on another site yesterday and the colors looked like what I think they are supposed to be. thi But I could see some different pics tomorrow and the tips look more purple than blue, so who knows? I am leaning towards the colors will actually look blue and pale pink in person when I get to see it, which I think will look OK.

My castle in Disneyland Paris has always been pink. I always thought the castle in Magic Kingdom looked a bit boring ;-)

I think it won't make a difference in the amount of brides who want to do castle pictures. I think for most, it's the castle that matters, not the color. For your color scheme, I don't think it'll matter much if you have a photoshoot outside of summer. Only during the summer season, during the morning hours meant for the photoshoots there will be enough light to show off the pink. I think if you have a shoot in Spring, Autumn or Winter what you will notice most are the lights.

In a year or so everyone is used to it.

I had mine in November 2018 and when we got to the park it was dark, but all my castle pictures were when the sun came up so you could clearly see the colors. There were other brides in front when we got there so we did it last instead of first

we got married at Disney and I think one is missing the point of pictures at the castle if you don’t like the color...the point is you were at Disney, whether the castle is pink, white, or black. You don’t not take a picture at the Statue of Liberty because there is scaffolding up and its being refurbished...take the pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!