Will the glass ceiling finally break?

We had the longest bull market in history. That fueled the ability to demand more and more from the consumer and Disney took advantage. When that market ended (and it was inevitable at some point virus or no virus) you were always going to see prices drop. It wouldn't be actual prices since price integrity is important to Disney but it would be effective prices as package deals are offered, airline prices fall, and offsite hotels readjust.

Since the bull market ended in such an unusual way it will be interesting to see what happens. You will have some people dramatically impacted in a way that will completely remove them from the demand pool for a luxury vacation.

• All the small business owners and many in the restaurant industry will either have no expendable income or all their extra income will go into getting their businesses back open. Even if they did have the money they will need to dedicate their time to restarting their business.
  • International travel will almost certainly be administratively delayed from picking back up 100% limiting the international customer pool.
  • Who knows what the school calendar will look like this summer and early fall.

At the same time there will be essential employees (especially healthcare workers) that have had no loss of income, long stressful months, and in need of a break. That demographic will surely take advantage of any price breaks and swing the demand curve slightly back towards normal.

Both my wife and I are in essential industries, though not healthcare, and we fall into the latter. We are planning a very long trip to FL once we can travel again. We were already planning a Disney trip this fall to coincide with an industry event I have but we are now looking to make it much longer and spend more time at Disney. On the other hand we both know people that had to cancel Disney trips because they closed and are no longer in a financial position to reschedule because of uncertainty they have in their professions.

I'll tell you what...we were having a rough year before this all started (not financial, but stressful/emotional) and once we feel confident in the safety of travel, our family is going to jump RIGHT in. We had to cancel 2 major trips already and will have more than enough money to travel later this year or next year. Job loss won't affect us, and we will definitely take advantage of travel related deals and discounts.

I'm very blessed - haven't lost my job and I have been working from home. Our business is considered essential, also not health care. I work in the corporate office for Lowe's Home Improvement. Lowe's has been very very good to us during all this. Anyway, I for one plan on busting Disney wide open as well as soon as I can and as soon as I feel comfortable doing so. I don't know how comfortable I would feel going as soon as June, if they are even opened back up by then, but I think I could dig a July 4th trip.

I'm glad Disney is offering good deals for folks whose trips were cancelled due to the virus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter