Will there ever be a Disneyland Canada?

The Walt Disney Company originally considered the GTA (including the site in Vaughan that is now home to Canada's Wonderland) for their second theme park. They felt that the cold climate and inability for year-long operation wasn't suitable for a Disney park, and ultimately chose to build in Orlando instead.

Today, Canada's Wonderland is the best performing seasonal theme park in the world. So while it wouldn't have been a bad investment for Disney, I think we can all agree that Orlando turned out to be a much better investment.

I know this is late in the game, but I just stumbled on this....No, not all of Canada is too cold, and not every place gets snow. Here in southern BC snow is rare, and temps. are not too bad most times. Our climate is close to that of Paris, and they have a Disneyland there.

We definitely have the land space, but weather wise it wouldn't be profitable to have a theme park of that size up here. I live 5 minutes from Canada's Wonderland which is only open May-October, and in May and October its only open on the weekends to prevent kids from skipping school. The rest of the year the park just stands there, looks like they rent the parking lots out to the automotive industry to park overstock (gotta keep cash flowing in off season I guess).

We definitely have the land space, but weather wise it wouldn't be profitable to have a theme park of that size up here. I live 5 minutes from Canada's Wonderland which is only open May-October, and in May and October its only open on the weekends to prevent kids from skipping school. The rest of the year the park just stands there, looks like they rent the parking lots out to the automotive industry to park overstock (gotta keep cash flowing in off season I guess).

That is how all the amusement parks in Pennsylvania are as well.

I never knew how well disney handled crowds until I went to Canada's Wonderland this summer, we wen't on 4 rides in 6 hours!!! and it wasn't busy at all
there was no urgency at moving people, the traffic flow of the park and the terrain are terrible

plus with parking it was $190 to walk in the gate for two adults, and 2 children with discounted tickets, before any souveniers or lunch, we will NOT be back any time soon

I don't see below 100 buck fares any time soon from YYZ to anywhere in Canada. I might still end up going to Orlando anyway.

I was thinking that too .... A disneyland in Canada would make for a very cold March break ....

Plus we would have to Canadianize everything ... we're bound to ruin it.

I'm stick'en with Florida :banana:

Talking about Disney in Canada I meant to post this a few weeks back but forgot. For those in Toronto and visit Ontario Place, I got a kick out of seeing the new 'flying dumbo' ride right next to the cinesphere. Totally reminded me of Epcot and MK:lmao:

Disney won't even keep more than one store open in Toronto, I highly doubt they'd start building a park.

If there was a Canadian Disney park it would in all probability be in Ontario. It wouldn't attract Canadians from the rest of the country because, let's face it, if I'm sitting on a jet for 4+ hours, I'm going to Florida. A couple of hours to fly to California works way better for us!:)

Nice thought but not a chance.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter