Will you get a stimulus check and how much?

I have a son who is 18, in High School, does not file taxes on his own and is claimed by me. A grey area to say the least. He turned 18 in 2019

$2,900 is what my estimate is. I'm more excited that my husband will be able to file unemployment as a self-employed worker. He essentially lost his business from this craziness. He had been in talks to transition out anyway, this will help ease the financial burden of the transition.

I have a son who is 18, in High School, does not file taxes on his own and is claimed by me. A grey area to say the least. He turned 18 in 2019
This is definitely a grey area. I have a daughter who is 19yo and was just sent home from the DCP, where she was supposed to be working til August. So she’s home with no job and not in school. We claim her as a dependent even though she’s held a job for years. It appears she gets nothing. Then I have another dd who is 17yo. Also works and files taxes. But still our dependent. And over 16yo, so neither qualifies as a ‘child’. So they just get nothing it seems.

I claimed 2 dependents on my taxes, 17yo DD and 19yo DS, so it looks like I'll get 1200 and they will get nothing. 2020 I get to claim DD13, so will XH get screwed because he got to claim her in 2019, so he will get the stimulus, but they were just guesstimating and it will actually be based off 2020??

I am interested in seeing what DH will get, he claimed his 3 youngest as dependents, but let his XW claim the child credit on the oldest of the 3. Will he get the stimulus or will she? I guess in the long run, we get to claim all 3 for 2020, so we will get it and not her, but it is all definitely complicated enough....

he got to claim her in 2019, so he will get the stimulus, but they were just guesstimating and it will actually be based off 2020??

The taxes you would have submitted in the last 3 months would have been 2019 taxes. Nothing would be based off 2020 as I believe it would default to 2018 then if you hadn't submitted your taxes for last year yet.

$2,900 is what my estimate is. I'm more excited that my husband will be able to file unemployment as a self-employed worker. He essentially lost his business from this craziness. He had been in talks to transition out anyway, this will help ease the financial burden of the transition.

Make sure everyone is spreading the information to friends and others that there are a ton of support programs that are out there. As an example the family's first bill from earlier this month applies to a bunch of different things but one of them is if you were forced to stay home because your child's school closed.

If you are in financial trouble because of COVID19 please make sure to reach out to others and ask if there is help for your specific circumstance.

2400. Just the hubs and I with no kids and we definitely fall into the lower income brackets even with both our earnings.

Surprised how many on the budget board get zero:)...

We don't get anything for our oldest (she was in that "it figures" sweet spot of not being a child, but not being an adult on her own), but if the bill passes, we get the max for the rest of the family.

Curious about the folks getting zero. Are you in a high cost of living thus needing the money (from the upset response to it)? or just have not saved alot of money? From what I read you get zero is your over 200k a year together. Our family will be getting some money but we will most likely be donating half to help our community.

It says I’ll likely get the 1200 which would be nice if it happens. I was laid off at the beginning of the month so any money I get helps. If I don’t get it oh well. I’ll live.

2400. I’m assuming my XH will get the $500 for our son since he claimed him for 2019 taxes but whatever. It is what it is

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter