Wilma-Bride's Trip Report - Sep 04 (Day 11 Part 2)

wilma-bride

<<This space intentionally blank>>
CAST

Me – Joh (31) – Slightly neurotic (DH would say very), VERY impatient and extremely over-excitable
DH – Gary (37) – Pretty laid back, a bit of a ‘Peter Pan’, mad about Tigger!

Day 11 – Fri 17th Sep (Part 2 – US/IOA & City Walk)

Having decided to catch the lunchtime transport from the hotel to US, we arrive at our usual drop-off point at about 12:30. We head straight to IOA and join the queue for Hulk – wait time 10 minutes. It’s just as great as it was the other day. Working our way clockwise around the ‘Islands’, we ride Dr Doom, Spiderman, Jurassic Park River Adventure, both Fire and Ice on DD. This time we also decide to do Poseidon’s Fury, having missed it the other day. The water vortex is absolutely awesome but I have to admit it does ‘go on a bit’ towards the end.

Walking on round to Seuss Landing, we revisit the shops and buy a few more gifts for DS. Back at Port of Entry, we are feeling a bit peckish so share a cinnamon roll from Cinnabon. Yum, yum – although I don’t know how anyone can eat a whole one – they’re massive! We have another trip to Hulk and Spidey and then exit IOA.

We have almost 3 hours to kill until our 7:30 PS at HRC so we walk on round to Universal, with the desire to ‘do’ Earthquake as we didn’t manage it last time. As we get there, standby time is showing 50 minutes so we continue on to MIB, where I whoop DH’s butt – twice!!! (One day I might share the secret of pressing the big, red button) We then take a leisurely stroll down to The Mummy, which is a walk-on so we ride this a couple of times too. We then watch Shrek 4D again – I still think I prefer the 3D movies at Disney. We head back round to Earthquake, only to find we’ve missed one ‘go’ and the standby line is now 1 hour (I can’t believe the wait is so long considering all the other rides have virtually been walk-ons – I assume it’s to do with the fact that the ride is in 3 parts).

So, it’s back out to City Walk, where we hit the shops for a while. By now, my feet are absolutely killing me (normally I wear trainers but, for some reason today, I have got sandals on). The soles of my feet feel like they’re on fire and every step is getting increasingly more painful. I tell DH I need to buy some new shoes and get a sarcastic comment back about the lengths I’ll go to, to spend ‘his’ money. We wander round several shops but, by now, my feet are so sore that all the shoes I try on feel really uncomfortable. DH drags me towards the rest rooms, with me protesting that this is neither the time nor the place. But my clever DH has spotted the First Aid Station. While I have a welcome sit down, a lovely man puts giant band-aids on my feet. Feeling loads better, we head back out and spend ages (and a fortune) in Endangered Species. We walk over to the HRC about 7, in the hope that we might get seated early.

We arrive at HRC, show the lady our card with the PS time on it and are directed to a queue on the left-hand side (which is marginally shorter than the queue on the right – those without a PS). We are eventually seated at 8:15 and all I can say is I’m glad we weren’t paying. The food was mediocre and the service wasn’t much better. Not impressed at all, we leave the voucher for the free meal and a tip and head back to catch the bus to the hotel. We’re both tired after our early start so it’s straight to bed. Discovery Cove tomorrow so, hopefully, that’ll make up for a disappointing day today.

Great report Wilma I had the same problem with wearing sandals and had to go and buy some trainers which were more cushioned. I loved Shrek 4d but nothing can beat Philharmonic at Disney that was the best for me.

Sorry about your feet. I got blisters this time, never have before, made the mistake of wearing fairly new trainers which I had thought I had worn in. Won't be doing that again.

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Tahnx for posting.

Sorry about your feet ~ I usually end up with the same problem, nothing else for it but to buy more shoes, at least that is my excuse to DBF LOL.

I wasn't impressed with HRC either :rolleyes:

Old trainers are the answer (with regular sock changes if its very hot) - but you need enough forward planning to have at least 2 pairs of old enogh trainers to allow for soakings! (My oldest pair were ditched after getting completely soaked at Epcot - so bad my socks turned pink - the day before we came home)

I'm glad you had a better afternoon at US and IOA, shame about the Hard Rock Cafe though - we've never eaten there. Glad you got some plasters for your feet. I ended up with some blisters last time so this time I'm taking really old and lived in trainers. Off to read some more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter