Window view table in dining room

SDJEL

Mouseketeer
How do you get a table with an ocean view in the dining room for the dinner seating? We’ve never had a table in any of the dining rooms that was anything special. Do they go to Concierge guests or to Platinum? Is it something you can request? If so, how?

I suggest you just asks. I always wanted to dine in one of the booths at the Enchanted Garden and lucky for me it was it was the first place on our dining rotation so I asked the head waiter when I fist arrived at the dining room and and boom he gave it to me.

I suggest you just asks. I always wanted to dine in one of the booths at the Enchanted Garden and lucky for me it was it was the first place on our dining rotation so I asked the head waiter when I fist arrived at the dining room and and boom he gave it to me.

Better to ask where dining changes are happening if yours is one or if one is available - you might already have one or they might have to move you IF it is available. There is an outside possibility that if your section includes one but it's not your table, if the tables are the same size or can be rearranged they *might* be able to move the numbers around.

But keep in mind there are a limited number of tables and pretty much everyone would want one. And they aren't in every dining room.

How do you get a table with an ocean view in the dining room for the dinner seating? We’ve never had a table in any of the dining rooms that was anything special. Do they go to Concierge guests or to Platinum? Is it something you can request? If so, how?

I would request this directly, as it is not a category that you can choose.

Better to ask where dining changes are happening if yours is one or if one is available - you might already have one or they might have to move you IF it is available. There is an outside possibility that if your section includes one but it's not your table, if the tables are the same size or can be rearranged they *might* be able to move the numbers around.

But keep in mind there are a limited number of tables and pretty much everyone would want one. And they aren't in every dining room.

True, asking for a particular table or any other dining requests is probably best if you make that request when you first board the ship where the staff makes dining changes. When I boarded the ship I didn't have any changes to make and only brought it up to the head waiter as he was taking me to my assigned table somewhere past the booths that I always wanted to sit at which is why I asked him at that point.

I assume your dining time is before dark. We have sat by a window more than once, but for second dining seating, after sundown, and we couldn't see anything out the window, due to reflections of light inside from the room.

When you board, some head waiters are waiting for guests in a dining room or in a lounge. The location will be in the first Navigator. Go there first thing and ask for a switch. Do not wait until dinner time. Since table numbers are positioned differently in every MDR, you might get a window in only one of the two MDR that have them.

We had a oceanview table on one of our cruises and it was more like sitting beside a mirror. It's so dark outside that it essentially just reflects. The time to sit by the window is at lunch and that's much more likely a request that they can meet. We eat at second dining but even with main dining time, depending on time of year, you might not see much by the end of dinner.

Seeing how Disney now charges for every single thing now at the parks, I am surprised they haven't come up with a "preferred" seating catagory that one PAYS for... Seeing people pay 100s for a cabana,, I am sure people will pay the same for a "MAGICAL" dining experience..

Seeing how Disney now charges for every single thing now at the parks, I am surprised they haven't come up with a "preferred" seating catagory that one PAYS for... Seeing people pay 100s for a cabana,, I am sure people will pay the same for a "MAGICAL" dining experience..
I’m sure it’s been kicked around, wouldn’t be surprised to see it in the park atlwast

Also could see this as a conceirge perk

I assume your dining time is before dark. We have sat by a window more than once, but for second dining seating, after sundown, and we couldn't see anything out the window, due to reflections of light inside from the room.

Yeah for most dinners ive been on , except maybe early rotation during summer, they may as well just paint mirrors black and hang them up.

I am sure people will pay the same for a "MAGICAL" dining experience..

And they’ll have to refund a bunch when they figure out that it’s a mirror once the sun goes down.

It’s not. From what I recall it’s a 4 or 6 top table so only certain groups will be seated there. We certainly haven’t been on either concierge or normal sailings.

As for the EG booth, meh. Better to see than to sit there. We’re only three people and we were crowded at the table once the food came out. And it’s very easy to forget about the step down and to embarrass yourself as you leave the table.

As for the EG booth, meh. Better to see than to sit there. We’re only three people and we were crowded at the table once the food came out. And it’s very easy to forget about the step down and to embarrass yourself as you leave the table.
I hear you. We were "blessed" by our head server on one cruise who moved us to one of the booths (we had 4 people).

Since the table is in the center of the circle, it's smaller than other 4 tops and gets really crowded when you get everyone's plates on there.
fantasy 2014 booth 2222 P1030453 1500.jpg

And that step is treacherous, not to mention the little trim piece that sticks out at the bottom of the booth.
dream 2014 booth 1752 P1020861 1500.jpg

As has been said, unless you are dining early, having a "window table" will be pretty much useless.

And actually there are so many ways to see the water, seeing it from a dining table isn't one of my high priorities---

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!