Wine Bar George updates??

DisneyAddictTom122

Newly Obsessed Disney Fan as of 2015
Looking for updates to wine bar george...maybe some pictures?

My fiance and I were at WDW for a week this past December and we have another week long trip coming up in the last week of May. When we were there in December Wine Bar George was still under construction and was not fully closed in - walls still open,it looked like they were still working on the structure and roughing in, from what I could see it looked like they were no where near finishes which means far from completion. I work construction so seeing what it looked like in December and thinking of what they would have to do from that time in December up until when we go in May again to finish is definitely possible especially with the smaller size of the building. However I don't want to assume Wine Bar George will be open by May just because I am familiar with how easily and quickly construction projects like this can progress. It seems like Disney has kept this project a little more low key - haven't seen a lot of press on it and obviously there is still no set opening date.

So I am posting this to get some more information on the progress of Wine Bar George and maybe even see some pictures that are more recent. I know Disney has not yet announced and opening date for it, and as we are at the 2 month mark away from our trip we are really excited and hopeful that this place will be open by the time we arrive. Appreciate any info!

I know someone who will be working there. From what I understand, glass is in, water has been turned on, etc. Future employees are just waiting on word to put in their notice at current jobs, which could come at any day. I think they are targeting a late-April opening. Regardless, it should definitely be up and running by your trip in late May!

Just an update--- staff training begins today and they hope to be open to public within a couple of weeks. I think there is a media event late next week immediately prior to the grand opening. I can't WAIT!

Thanks for the update! I’m looking forward to it too!

Just an update--- staff training begins today and they hope to be open to public within a couple of weeks. I think there is a media event late next week immediately prior to the grand opening. I can't WAIT!

Thanks for the update - we have a trip planned for August and would love to check this out

Definitely hoping to see some reviews of it as well - we have kids so hoping it would be fine to stop by with kids and it isn't too "grown up" of a space (would likely go on the earlier side)

If the menu is any indication, they are preparing for the family crowd. There are a few options in food and drink that seem put there especially for kids. The only report I’ve gotten today is that it’s GORGEOUS. I suspect it’s going to be done very well.

If the menu is any indication, they are preparing for the family crowd. There are a few options in food and drink that seem put there especially for kids. The only report I’ve gotten today is that it’s GORGEOUS. I suspect it’s going to be done very well.

Thanks! I know it is Walt Disney World so kids are allowed basically everywhere, but some place (especially at Disney Springs) seem a bit more kid friendly than others so glad to see they are more planning for (rather than just tolerating) kids

I was looking around for something else and saw that the menu for their "quick serve" part is up on the Disneyworld.com site now. The table service menu is not yet posted.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/disney-springs/the-basket/menus/

The prices of those picnic baskets freaked me out a bit, but then I see they include a caraffe of wine and I guess you get to keep the glasses and caraffe

and while not a huge beer selection, I am impressed they have a sour on their list - I don't recall any others on propery

Dang I sent DD a snap the other day (she is looking forward to it) but no pics. It looked completely done to us, but indeed still walled off.

Target is end of next week but that's certainly not official yet. Staff just started training on Tuesday. At that time, there was still a little work being done on the front lower level, hence the walls. The menu is good (but still being tweaked, I think), the wine list is (as expected) phenomenal. George M. is passionate about wine education for his staff, so the first two days of training were focused on that. Mock service started yesterday and, as you can imagine, there are many things to figure out before opening to the public.

My-New-Gallery

It looks like Stitch ate the page. Maybe they're updating it?

Yeah, they just took it down today... not sure what that means. There was a picnic basket option for 2 or 4 that featured wine glasses, a carafe, and snacks. Some "gourmet" sandwiches. And I forget what else.

I was looking around for something else and saw that the menu for their "quick serve" part is up on the Disneyworld.com site now. The table service menu is not yet posted.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/disney-springs/the-basket/menus/

It looks like Stitch ate the page. Maybe they're updating it?

Menu is here. I’m pretty sure they mean GoVino glasses - they’re shatterproof (the same typo was in the briefly posted version on the Disney site).

https://wdwnt.com/2018/05/full-menu...ick-service-picnics-coming-to-disney-springs/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!