Wireless Router @ WDW CP?

hopesethigh

Earning My Ears
I noticed it is listed on the things to bring list? Do you really need it? I purchased one but I'm curious to see what other people say...

My daughter didn't take one - she decided to wait and see if others wanted to go in on one or whatever.

She was placed in an apt with 5 others that have all ready been there since May (except one of them came three weeks ago). Each living room has a port with 4 plugs and and she has just been able to get on that way so far.

She hasn't decided if she is going the wireless route yet.

Liz

I had one, and it was GREAT! The port (at least in my apt. @ Chatham) is in one small corner of the living room by a table, so even though there were 4 connections, really only one or two people could be on at once (and there were 8 of us!) It's not necessary, but you'll probably want it. You can always wait until you get there, though, to see if someone else brought one or if anyone wants to split the cost with you.

One thing I'm confused about though, is that each router (never owned one before) says you have to have a modem to connect to the router. The rooms don't right?

In short, which one should I buy so that I'm all set up when I move?

The modem is the connection port in the living room I was talking about. So, instead of you plugging your internet cable from your computer into the modem, you are plugging the wireless router into the modem. This allows you to access the internet anywhere in the apartment without plugging into a wall. Does that make sense?

I don't remember which type of router I brought, but I'll look and get back to you on that.

Thanks jackattack.

I recently purchased a travel router (Belkin) because it looked very simple and got modest reviews for what I'm going to use it for. Do you think that will work fine?

Best bet is to wait until move in to see if someone already has one, if not if they wanna throw down on one. When I got there, we had 4/6 of us with routers. Neighbors across had the exact same thing happen to them.

I recently purchased a travel router (Belkin) because it looked very simple and got modest reviews for what I'm going to use it for. Do you think that will work fine?

I've never heard of that brand or a "travel router", so unfortunately I really dont know if it will work. My roommate and I all went in on a Linksys, and it worked pretty well.

I guess I should make sure dd takes an ethernet cable with here, correct? In case no one has a wireless router in her room.

If you have a router, I would bring it just in case no one else does. If you don't have one and no one brings one, Walmart sells them.

I took one but my roommate already had one...so I sold it to an apt that didn't have one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter