Wish they would give AP discounts on Shop Disney

I don’t blame you and I feel the same way! 20% is a nice discount and it’s really a pity that we’re not able to use it on shopDisney.

It’s so odd because I remember being able to use my DVC discount on the Shop Park app when it first came out. I really hope they figure out a way to have the shopDisney app talk to the My Disney Experience app to verify that the discount is valid and apply it!

Bummer! I didn’t know they didn’t give the discount online any longer. When I was a pass holder a couple of years ago I bought so many items on the app. It was one of the things that justified the expense of the pass- especially since I was buying expensive items like Dooney purses and Dress Shop dresses (it was especially great when they didn’t charge tax, either). I was planning to purchase the pass this year and planning to use it online. What a shame. Won’t be spending as much with them as I thought. So maybe that’s not a bummer. 🤔

My birthday was in March, and I got a “birthday discount” email from Disney earlier in the month offering 20% off up to $500 worth of merchandise at shopdisney.com through the end of my birthday month. I have never received an email like that before, although I browse the site frequently. I did go nuts yesterday loading up my cart, then whittled it down to the two “must have” items I really, really wanted. Maybe they will start doing things like that more regularly, offering a passholder only discount for a month or something.

I would love to support Disney, but I keep thinking...if I was in the park I"d get 20% off. The saver in me keeps holding me back from making the purchase......

Back when they shut down the Shop Parks app didn't they claim originally we'd be able to get the discount if we shopped through the regular Disney app once they combined? And then nothing ever came of it?

Reactions: cm8

We used to be able to get discounts with DLP APs before Disney Store UK decided that they will no longer accept DLP APs. Likewise, we used to be able to get discounts with DisneyLife, before that got replaced with Disney+.

So much THIS!!! There are many cute things my little heart wants, but my brain is telling me NOPE. Gotta get my AP discount.

My birthday was in March, and I got a “birthday discount” email from Disney earlier in the month offering 20% off up to $500 worth of merchandise at shopdisney.com through the end of my birthday month. I have never received an email like that before, although I browse the site frequently. I did go nuts yesterday loading up my cart, then whittled it down to the two “must have” items I really, really wanted. Maybe they will start doing things like that more regularly, offering a passholder only discount for a month or something.

I was planning on buying a couple things but am going to hold off a couple weeks now and keep my fingers crossed.

Occasionally shopdisney will have a discount code for 20% or 25% "sitewide". While there are definitely things that are not included in these sales, I was surprised that a good number of the parks-related stuff we want is included (and when they are having such sales, it's usually pretty clear the item is included because it lists the code under the item). It might not apply to what you want, but you should at least check.

Occasionally shopdisney will have a discount code for 20% or 25% "sitewide". While there are definitely things that are not included in these sales, I was surprised that a good number of the parks-related stuff we want is included (and when they are having such sales, it's usually pretty clear the item is included because it lists the code under the item). It might not apply to what you want, but you should at least check.
Unfortunately those don’t apply to Dooney and Bourke and some of the higher end items. I used to love those discounts.

Me too! That’d be awesome.
I just bought n direct shipped a big order for pregnant niece. She’s having a Disney loving baby for sure. Such fun outfits for baby girls.

Back when they shut down the Shop Parks app didn't they claim originally we'd be able to get the discount if we shopped through the regular Disney app once they combined? And then nothing ever came of it?

I was told this for both DVC and AP discount but nevr figureed it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter