Wk of Jan 21--WISH Walking/Running Club

Colleen

If you and your Boston Marathon running DH are here in April please contact us in advance. We can hopefully give you some good advice and a meal.

Craig

Oh Craig, thanks so much, DH said he would absolutely love to get together! He will take any advice he can get! :rotfl:

I will let you know when we know. It probably won't be until the end of February once his long business trip is over.

Colleen

Hi,
Please add me to your list. I had an ankle fusion last March. Before the fusion I could barely walk a block before the pain stopped me. I now have no pain but will certainly never run. My dream is to walk a marathon. I started 3 months ago at a gym walking on a treadmill. Just 4 minutes. Each time I went I increased a minute. I'm now up to 40 minutes at 3.9 speed. I know I have a long way to go still. My next move is to walk 3 miles three times a week and 6 miles once a week. Once I can do that comfortably I will increase again. BTW I'm 51 and healthy and not overweight. Though I could afford to lose about 10 pounds to look better. I'm also weight training.
Its a joy to be getting fit again. Its been about 5 years that I've been incapacitated with pain from osteoarthritis in my ankle. I have a second chance to be all that I can be and intend to make the most of it.
Thanks for reading
Carole
Ontario, Canada

Hi Carole,

Yaa another Canadian!!!! Where in Ontario are you??? I am just north of Newmarket.

Come on over to the Jan 28th thread, lots of great people there.

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter