WL Bus To EPCOT

Gary M

DIS Veteran
I have read several times on this board about how terrible the transportation is at the WL. People also state that the monorail resorts are so much better because you can get to the MK and EPCOT so much faster. I have stayed at WL(13 times), GF(8 times) and Poly(once) so I do have experience at the WL and a couple of monorail hotels.

During our stay at WL last week, I timed the trips to MK and EPCOT. The boat trip to the MK from WL took anywhere from 7 to 10 minutes. This doesn't count waiting time or loading and unloading. You also have to wait for the monorail and load and unload. From the GF to MK it would be faster than the WL to MK. I would think the trip from Poly to MK wouldn't be much faster because of the stop at the GF. From the WL to EPCOT the bus trip is nonstop and takes anywhere from 10-15 minutes. Again this is travel time only. I don't see how you could take the monorail from the GF to the TTC, change trains, and then go to EPCOT any faster than the bus goes from WL to EPCOT. Same with the Poly unless you walk to the TTC and the walk takes a few minutes.

The argument against the WL buses is the long wait for them to show-up. If you just miss a bus then the wait can be up to 20 minutes, but if you just miss the monorail you also have a wait. The AK and MGM buses are shared with the Poly, GF and WL. Last week, a couple of times, the bus seats were full by the time we got to the Poly and GF and those people had to stand.

We found the transportation at the WL to be very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter