WLV or SSR add on???

cindybelle

Mouseketeer
Any one mind giving me their 2 cents on what you'd do? DH and I are trying to decide on which resort to do a small add on. We LOVE WL (we honeymooned there in 96) and it would be great to have 11 mos to book stays during the Christmas season.

But SSR has a longer contract than WL.

Our plans are to buy a small contract before we sell our 170 VB (to pay off some debt) so we can continue as DVC members and add on later as we can afford it.

So....do we buy where we love? or SSR, not our favorite place but with more years on the end?

You know what they say about opinions (cleans it up), everybody has one.

I'd go with what you love. I don't think you'd be disappointed if you do, but you might be if you don't. VWL is a small DVC resort. It's hard to get good times there if you don't own there.

A couple of years ago we were going to add on a contract. There were points available at wlv, but they didn't offer the same incentives s SSR. We already had a small contract at wlv and a small contract (100 points) at SSR. Because of the incentives, we could get 120 SSR points or 100 WLV points for about the same price. And SSR had the longer date, too. So we went with the SSR points, and now had two SSR contracts, 100 and 120 points.

When they announced the AKV we decided to sell the SSR contracts and buy points at AKV. While we were at it, we went ahead and got that add on at WLV, too.

My point is, save yourself the hassle. Logically, the SSR points have the advantage of the longer contract. So if you are even thinking about it and wondering about it, it means there is something more than logical going on and you want the wilderness lodge points. So go ahead and get them now rather than wishing you did later.

The other thing is this. Wilderness lodge is the smallest dvc. It probably isn't quite as busy as BCV, but it is the smallest. SSR is by far the largest. Most of the time if there is anything last minute available it is at SSR. The 11-month window isn't really important if you want to stay at SSR, but it might be important for WLV. SSR dues will be a little less than WLV but for small contract and being able to stay where you want in December it really won't matter that much.

You know what they say about opinions (cleans it up), everybody has one.

I'd go with what you love. I don't think you'd be disappointed if you do, but you might be if you don't. VWL is a small DVC resort. It's hard to get good times there if you don't own there.

As usual, Father Knows Best...or in this case, Dad Knows Best. :thumbsup2

DH and I appreciate your thoughts!! And we are agreeing that WL is the best choice for us especially with wanting to get in at Christmas time.
Now I'm just waiting for our guide to call back and make the deal final :woohoo:

Now we're just hoping it doesn't take long for us to sell our VB contract:goodvibes

We've stayed at the lodge twice now but never around Christmas time. Can someone tell me about December at the VWL?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter