WLV Trundle bed

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me if the new trundle beds in the studios are the size of the drop down beds at POR?

They are this big...

villas-at-wilderness-lodge-studio-8.jpg

I believe the drop down beds under the TV's are the same at all the resorts they are adding them too.

The murphy beds (not trundle beds) at VWL are a bit larger than the ones at POR. They are bunk sized which is slightly smaller than twin sized.

They are this big...

villas-at-wilderness-lodge-studio-8.jpg

It seems to be here when I quote your post Granny .......strange......

And now that I've done that it's there on your second post although I couldn't see that one either until I replied. Very strange!

My 5'7" niece spent two nights on one and said it was fine. I (5'5" and at the time 200 lbs) slept on one in the VGF and was comfortable.

do the mattresses on these murphy beds come off? just wondering if they could be laid on the ground if needed. thanks! I think the one at POR could, just not sure if the ones at VWL and GF and now BWV are the same thanks!

I hope a 105 lb 5' 2" DD will fit on the pull down murphy bed under the TV at VWL, GFV, PolyV or BWV (if they get one) in the studios.

i thought the murphey beds had an 80 lbs limit.

I have never seen a weight limit mentioned and it is not on the DVC member website.

Personally I would not like to sleep there even though I am 5'4". And I would want a thicker mattress.

Last edited:
i thought the murphey beds had an 80 lbs limit.

When we did the tour of Poly at the SSR DVC model center, the guide taking everyone around did say that the Murphy bed at Poly had an 80 pound limit. I'm not sure if it's true, or indicated on the bed in any way, but that is what they were stating.

I didn't see any weight limits at VWL. At 5'8", I had no issue fitting, comfortably, on the gold down bed. I would have slept there but I like to watch TV as I fall asleep....hard to do when the TV is up and over your head!!

from you-tube video's it does look like the mattress comes off the Murphy bed pull down.
We have had our DD sleep on an air mattress on the floor when she was younger. I assume if you take the mattress from the Murphy bed pull down and place it on the floor, it would be just as comfortable with a pillow, sheet and blanket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter