WLV/VGF right before Christmas!

Hollywood Studios was a good choice that night, the crowds were light. The kids were in good moods and excited to see Fantasmic. I managed to document this happening, and on purpose:
20131220_170704_zps45929570.jpg

We had FP+ to go to the Great Movie Ride and Star Tours between 5-7. After we walked over to see the Osbourne lights. They were really beautiful, but sorry, no pictures as that was also meal time and meltdown time for my kids. :furious: Buzz wanted to get something in the Star Wars shop, Tink wanted to push her stroller but kept running it into people :( Merida was unhappy about something too but I don't know remember what. We managed to heard them to the QS near Star Tours and to get dinner. Meltdown avoided, but barely.

After eating it was close to 7:30 and we were ready to head to the Fantasmic theatre. Mr Incredible and I were SOOO happy to walk past the massive line and right to the first choice seating with our FP+. We sat a few rows from the front, right in the middle. Sadly, I have NO pictures! All of us were so mesmerized that thankfully no 'Incredible' meltdowns or other embarrassing antics took place. :wizard:

We left directly and made it back to the room with plenty of time to get ready for Wishes on the balcony popcorn::
Here is the night time view of the resort:
20131219_214207_zps6ed7480e.jpg

Saturday morning we planned to go to the MK. We had FP+ planned for Epcot that night, and wanted to try to ride as many rides at the MK that morning before crowds picked up.

That was kind of a joke because crowds had picked up substantially from a few days before. Mr. Incredible wasn't feeling too great, he said he thought he caught a cold on the plane. Buzz also had a cold at this point in the trip so I didn't think much about it.

Merida and Mr. Incredible went off to ride Splash and Thunder while I took the little kids to get FPs for PP, (no issues this time and all 4APs pulled a normal FP :thumbsup2) We headed over to ride Pirates and the Aladdin ride before meeting up with Merida and Mr. Incredible at the Haunted Mansion. Here is a shot of Tink and I on Aladdin:

20131218_102803_zps9b8ce176.jpg

We made our way from the HM to ride PP, then I grabbed Ariel FPs and I think we went on Pooh, teacups and Dumbo before the time came for Tink's favorite "the MERMAID ride!" She was so cute on this, she would sing along and shake her arms to the music.

We went back to the room for lunch and Mr. Incredible looked pretty tired. He and Tink fell asleep while Buzz watched TV. I took Merida back to the Courtyard pool for a swim. We all got ready later that afternoon and went to Epcot, we had a Soarin FP+ at 7:30.

We had fun that night, but I could tell Mr. Incredible wasn't feeling good. The crowds were much lower than at the MK that morning, and we enjoyed wandering around the WS and of course rode the Maelstrom again. Got this of Buzz and Merida on one of our trips through the Norway shop:

20131217_192313_zps91839530.jpg

We ate dinner at the QS in China. The food wasn't bad and was ready very quickly, there was no line to order, and we were all happy to find a quiet table to take a break at :thumbsup2 We stopped in the chocolate shop in Germany for a dessert and made our way back toward Soarin for our FP+ time.

We left the park at 8:15. I remember because Mr. Incredible bet me it would be after 9 by the time we got back to the room. I guessed 8:40. The monorail was quick and the kids were really good the whole way. We were walking into the villas at PRECICELY 8:40 :cool2:

Our Epcot night was fun, and everyone was exhausted. Wishes were scheduled at 10, but by the time they started I was the only one still awake to watch :rolleyes:

Our plan for Sunday morning (our last day) was to go back to the AK and work on more badges for Buzz. That was what both big kids voted for when I said that or Hollywood Studios to go ride TSM and see Disney Jr. Neither cared much about either of those things but Merida wanted to ride EE again and Buzz was so excited to earn more WE badges. The plan was to spend a few hours the last night at the MK and use our FP+ then. We hadn't spent any time at the MK after dark the entire trip!

I wanted to add the last installment of my Christmas trip report! Unfortunately our trip took a less than magical turn our second to last night. Mr. Incredible woke me up around 2am shivering and asking for another blanket. He had a raging fever :sick: I got some Tylenol and motrin in him and went to spend the rest of the night on the pull out with Merida. An hour or so later Tink realized I was in the room and managed to crawl into bed with us too :crowded:.

Needless to say, I didn't sleep so great that night. The next morning I took the kids to the AK and left Mr. Incredible to rest and hopefully feel better by that afternoon. I told Merida we would NOT be able to ride EE or any thrill rides that morning, but we would have fun at the WE stations :yay: I told her if Mr. Incredible was feeling better we would go back to the MK later to ride her favorites one last time.

We got to the AK before 9, all the parks were opening early at this point. I think the MK had EMH at 7. It wasn't terribly crowded yet and we went back to Africa to ride the Safari and get the WE badges in that area. An unenthusiastic shot of Merida and Buzz on the Safari:
20131222_092904_zps6e03c095.jpg

And me with a very tired Tink:
20131222_092228_zpsca05fda7.jpg

We took the train over to Rafiki's Planet Watch after the Safari. Tink wanted to run wild at this place! We had a lot of fun, Buzz earned all 6 badges and they all enjoyed the petting zoo.

4012611c-199b-4a30-aad5-632ef66ff518_zps2c10c907.jpg

We made our way through Asia and all the WE stations there. I was very glad to have the WE book to work on that day. With 3 kids and 2 hands, I was a bit nervous about navigating through a crowded park and dealing with lines for rides. The WE activity stations were the perfect opportunity to tour the park and have fun with all three. I wish I had a picture of Buzz next to the Yeti foot to earn his Yeti badge near EE!

Buzz completed nearly all of the badges in the book, and I promised him we would do the rest when we are back next Summer. We finished the morning with It's Tough to be a Bug and then left the park to go have lunch and check on Mr. Incredible.

Very sadly, Mr. Incredible was NOT doing well when we got back. His fever was gone but he was struggling and felt terrible. I made the kids lunches and told him I would take them to the pool to get them out of the room. He looked at me and begged me to pack us up and take him home that night.:sad2: Not at all what I had hoped for, but without his help there was no way I could take the kids to the MK that night. It was going to be PACKED. And the idea of another night on the pullout with Merida and Tink...:eek: Heading home was the best plan at that point.

I had laundry in the washer, so while it was in the dryer I managed to get all the other clothes, toys, bedding, and kitchen stuff packed up. Merida was NOT happy, but understood there was no way we could go to the MK even if we stayed the night. At 3:45 we were loaded into the van and driving away from the VGF :sad:. We got home a little before 11 that night. I will spare you the details of our 7hr trip :crazy2:

Thankfully no one else caught what Mr. Incredible had, but it took days for him to recover. And although our trip ended on a sick note, we had a WONDERFUL time for 6 nights and 7 days :thumbsup2. I am so looking forward to the Incredible adventures we have scheduled for next Summer! And btw, I'm probably not going to plan a trip in cold/flu season again anytime soon ;)

Thanks for reading!

Very nice report, and great pictures from your phone! VGF 1BR does look huge! We are usually at BWV in a 1BR (we bring along an inflatable bed) but VGF looks big in comparison, esp. the bathroom.
We've been sick at Disney before, one year DD actually got scarlet fever our last day, woke up with it and our flight wasn't until 7 pm...made for a really LONG day!

I love to visit and dine at the GF, and we stayed there for a couple of nights years ago using our points. But I had no desire to stay at the new VGF - until I read your report. Those pictures did it - and in a standard view! I am very frugal w/ our points, so we'll probably only do it in a split stay, as you did. And, sadly, I think the icing on the cake was when you said how quickly you could get to your car! Silly, I know, but my DH loves how close the cars are at OKW and really disliked how much schlepping was involved at the VWL. Thank you for taking the time.

Love the post. Very excited about VGF stay now. What were your dates of travel?Crowd level seems good for December.

Awesome trip report. Do you remember the room number you were in? We're staying there in August and we like to be on the top floor. Thanks.:surfweb:

Great report!! I took my kiddos to Disney on my own for a week last year and it was an adventure. They were 3 and 8 at the time. I totally get the meltdown mode stuff... :rotfl2: We were at AKL on the 20th and it was great. What day did the parks start getting busy with holiday visitors? We only did MVMCP because I don't like the crowds.

I love the Tshirts the kids were wearing at AK. Super cute!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter