Women's Dress or Costume

TheOneWithTheTriplets

DIS Veteran
I was looking at some dresses to get my girls for our upcoming trip and noticed they had several mommy-and-me versions. I know they would think it was awesome if I had a special dress with them.

If I were wearing these with sandals/sneakers, my hair in a pony tail, no other accessories, do you think either would be flagged as a costume? They are a cotton blend, knee length. I think the whole point of these dresses is that they're character inspired, not actual costumes, but I have no idea how strict they are

chewy.jpg snowwhite.jpg

You'll be fine with either of these as long as the adult size isn't so long it hits the pavement.

Ooh! Would you be able to say where you found those?!

Are you familiar with Ali Express? It's a big marketplace of various goods that ship from China all over the world. There are hundreds of different sellers that use the site, kind of like how there are 3rd party sellers on Amazon. Lead time can be quite long, and you really need to read the sizing carefully, but they have some very reasonably priced items.

Anyway, if you go to their site and search the phrase "Mum and me" you'll see several listings, all from seller Sunshine Kids Store, with various Disney inspired dresses. The seller has maybe a dozen dresses available in adult and kid sizes, and then at least another dozen only in kid sizes; you can click on one of their listings, then scan down a bit and it'll show you a link to the rest of their store. I would link it directly, but I believe the boards automatically block outside links.

Wow, the Disney dresses on that site are so cute and totally inexpensive!! Almost unbelievable! Have you ordered before? Do they hold up?

Wow, the Disney dresses on that site are so cute and totally inexpensive!! Almost unbelievable! Have you ordered before? Do they hold up?

I have friends who've ordered the kids sizes and they hold up pretty well, machine washable, etc. I ordered myself the Chewy to see how it fits before ordering the other one.

In general, because the site uses Asian sizes, things often run small. You want to make sure to compare your measurements to the chart to pick your size. Don't just assume you're a medium there because you are normally.

People wear those kinds every day.

But on Thursday I kept wondering if they added a Halloween Party because I couldn't believe all the adults in full fledged costumes in the park. WEIRD.

Last edited:
Used to be Disney wouldn't allow bare mid-drifts but I did see a few young ladies with them last week. I would say if you wore a tank that was tucked in then you should be fine. I saw plenty of tutus on regular days.

I was just referring to the tutu portion - thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!